S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i need some help, i recently cracked a head so the mechanic put on a new intake mani, they also did something with the tranny ( cant remember what exactley ).
But my problem is now when im idle or accelerating (under 10 or 15 mph) the car makes a really crappy sound, like a rough sound kinda, ill try and give ya more info if you need, please HELP!

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
maybe they dident seal your exhaust correctly and its leaking.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm
anyway i could check?

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
If you get under the truck you may be able to hear it and or feel it coming out of the doughnut gaskets at the end of the manifolds or where the Y-pipe connects to the converter

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Does it sound like its missing?

I would march it right back to the mechanic, it shouldn't be doing this.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ill check it in the morning, but if its loose or whatever im for sure going back to the stupid mechanic and telling him that i coulda died from carbon monoxide fumes or something and say he better fix it now or im suing, hehe cant wait to se the look on his face!

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Yeah even if it isent an exhaust leak, his job was to fix it right the first time.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah i dont think its an exhaust leak, ( icouldnt tell ) but i think its something else, any ideas????!

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Just take it back to the guy who worked on it to begin with. H had to have caused the problem. You dident have the problem before hand right?

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No i didnt but if i can fix it myself i would raher do that then drive back to san gabriel.

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Long drive huh? Try to give us some more info on it, its kind of a vague description.

·
Trance is what I breathe
926 Posts
Well if you go back I wouldnt go back being an ass... It would only make it worse... Mechanics tend to take it personal and you might end up with a bigger problem :)

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
You sound like your a mechanic yourself? LOL

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol, wel it's not the belts or anything it sounds like it might be coming out of the cowl, but im not sure, when i was looking down at the engine i saw this greyish looking putty stuff that looked like it my seal the intake and dont know if there is a bubble or something in it? im not very smart when it comes to engines

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Thats probably the RTV sealant he used to seal the intake. The best way to see where a noise is coming from is to get you ear right down there and listen, Use your ear as a noise metal detector if you will.:thumbup: listen right near the exhaust manifolds, around that sealer on the intake, back near the distributor, and listen for any sucking noise such as a vaccum leak. maybe your lucky and he only left off the brake booster hose? good luck. and tell us what area and what spacific noise it is.

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i think its coming from the dash....

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
any help?

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
what kind of noise is coming from the dash? rattling, gurgling, buzzing, cracking, squeaking, banging? Trow us some verbs... cant help you out with only knowing "i think its coming from the dash...."

·
GMtruckHQ
2,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
its kind like a light cough kinda sound

·
QuickerPICKerUPer
302 Posts
Yeah um, if your truck is coughing you got more problems than you think:bugeye: Ive never heard a truck cough...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts