S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to install new 6.s right now, and can't get the door panel free because of the window crank, help!

·
Registered
208 Posts
It's a real pain to do without this cool little tool. You can try without, you need to push in on the panel, pull out on the handle. You should get it about 1/2-3/4" from each other, look in there, there's a little U shaped pin. You need to push on the 2 prongs of the U (the top part). You may need to roll the window up or down to finagle with the position of the pin. It's a pain becasue it's hard to hold the handle and panel apart, then get to the pin. Use a small flat head screwdriver to push on the pin......

OR----the easy way, go to you local auto parts store and buy a little tool for 5 bucks that makes it 1000 times easier. Same idea, but you don't need to pull the panel and handle apart, the tool is thin and slips in there.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out about the tool, gave it another shot but no luck, so can i find this tool at Pep Boys? anyone know a price? and what do i look for.... "the puller"?
I think i am going to try it again when i get my kenwood components in about a week i think. thanks

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
you're looking at anywhere from 5-14 bucks, depending on where you get it and which one you get. They go by the names "interior trim tool" or "window crank tool" They usually have them hanging up with either the other wierd specialty tools, or with the "HELP!" Stock replacement parts (you know, the ones in the red packages) Pep Boys will have it, at least the one by my house did before they closed up shop:D

good luck...let us know how it goes

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Low-Blaz-
It went fine w.the tool, next are components (maybe this weekend) Now that will be weird

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
get an amp, install components. i duno where they tweets are goin, then some 10s (maybe 12s) and of course another amp

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Now that i am working on my components, i am stuck again, grr! There are two wires going off the stock speaker wire, one is green, the other is light green, one is negative,one is positive right? I know you'll know Lownoma. But anyone who knows, give me some 411

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm going to guess that the light green is negative, but you can do one of 2 things. 1) check out the stock speaker, there should be some + or - somewhere on the terminal. 2) Forget about which is which, all wiring pos-pos and neg-neg will get you is electrically correct polarity, which isn't the same as correct phase. Try messing with them, switching back and forth. One way will be in phase, the other our of phase. In phase will be more clear, out of phase will sound diffused.

·
bagged after winter
2,721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanx, but i went to circuit city and they had a quick connect for 6 bux, so i'm just gonna use that...no cutting =)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts