S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can i see pics of a s10 fairly stock laying frame and underneath the hood i would like ideas of how ppl relocated stuff wher ethey put there coolent tank and the wireing harness and stuff
thanx

·
Ricky
1,854 Posts
You dont always have to move all of that stuff, thats for bigger rims im pretty sure. If its 'fairly stock' with rims/tires too then you shouldnt have to relocate stuff to lat out, but lower profile tires would help.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well the rims and tires are stock right now its the same diamiter as 20's with tires and would be upgrading to 20's next summer so i'm going by the diamiter plus a couple extra inches when i'm cutting my fender what about the heater??

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
You know you'll get a million different trucks if you don't put down what year or type of vehicle you want to see. We aren't mind readers man..

With 20s and if you want to completely layout on the ground, get ready for some (lots) of cutting and relocating. Especially if it's a 1st Gen, but I'm guessing it's a 2nd Gen.

Nate

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sorry its a 95 4 banger i know lots of cuttin gi just wanna knwo what i could get away with and what i cant with relocating also some pics of how you guys relocated some of yoru stuff

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Search the forum for 20s, cuz I don't think many people here have 20s and have the frame completely flat on the ground, or at least not many completely done. Might be a few done but more trying to get to that point.

Well the front fenders need to be tubbed and then you'll have to relocated everything that is connected to those fenders, so go look and see whats there. Open your hood and imagine 20x8 or 20x9, wheels sitting almost at the top of your hood..lol Especially if you want to have it bodydropped. Say there's 3-5" from the top down to the wheels, not much room to put stuff. So what you see is what you need to relocate or move over a bit. With the back, the obvious, bed needs to be cut up and a huge bridge cover welded in or just tubs for wheels, but if your gonna lay, you'll be doing the whole cover anyways.

Oh yeah, with a 4cyl your bit lucky, cuz when I had my '94 4cyl I noticed there's A LOT more room in there than a V6 engine bay. Oh yeah, does it have AC or is it optioned or not?

Nate

·
Lazy Ass Member
186 Posts
search for the project red extreme AV did... that shows you basically how he laid out an s10 extreme on 20's... lots of pics included, i think it was called "bagged on 20's" or something...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts