S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A couple months ago I put a 2/3 drop on my truck. I got all Belltech stuff (Spindles, blocks, 4 shocks). The first time I drove it I hit a small bump and heard a slight clunking sound from the rear. Now I get random vibrations that can be pretty anoying at times. The clunking has gotten worse. When I hit some bumps it sounds like the axle is hitting the frame (i have no bump stops but the clunking sounds like its just coming from the right side). When I have a passenger the sound comes around a lot more. Im thinking now that I have a defective shock which would piss me off since these are new. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!

·
Just a member
6,626 Posts
Well are your u-bolts still tight? You are suppose to re-torque them after a couple hundred miles. Also you did 3 inch blocks in the back right? And you put on rear drop shocks right? Well with blocks you do not need drop shocks. So depending on the shocks you use, they could be over extending since many drop shocks have a shorter length. Another thing could be the block itself. Has it shifted? Did one of the pins break? Also did you remove just the bumpstop or also the brackets? With a 3 in the back, it should not be too bad. But to be safe you might want to remove the whole bracket if you did not already.

Those are some places to start with. If one of those is not the cause, we could look further.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I used a 3/3 drop from belltech, and after about six months, I started to feel a little vibration in the floor pan. So I kinda just let it go for a month or so, but then it got worse. There would be a vibration in the pedal/ floor pan every time I hit the gas. Well come to find out, my u joints went bad. My kit came with blocks, but they weren't angled, so I had to get angled shims. Just thought I'd mention that.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You definitely don't need driveshaft adjustment on static dropped trucks. I don't know why you had to do that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts