S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some unknown reason, my Sony Xplode stereo has been acting up. I'll be able to get sound and then I won't be able to get sound. Nothing. Zilch. It's affecting both the CD and Radio. Suggestions???????? I still have my stock, but it doesn't have a CD player! :cry: :cry:

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Sounds to me like your preouts are messed up.

Either that or you have a short in the deck.

Bring it back to where u got it (should be under warranty) depending on how long u have had it.

BUY KENWOOD. other good ones clarion,eclipse,panasonic, pioneer some of the better ones.

Thought I would throw that out there.

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
Sounds like your Xplode HU has done just that, Xploded !!!

Sorry,I had to say it. Seriously,it does sound like the audio output chip is going out in your HU,which is a common problem with the Xplode units. If its still under warranty,take it back. If not,they may be able to send it back for repair,but it may just be cheaper on you to buy another HU.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
a lot of these new deck seem to be doing this for some reason.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Is it no sound from the speaker, but the deck stays functional, no subs sound, or the deck turns off? Are you running to another amp for your speakers or directly to them?

DogP

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
sLOW said:

:bash:

I install like 20 of these a day.

:bash:

And of those 20,how many come back within 3 months ???

I`m not baggin on the entire Sony line,only the Xplod line. And every company has their share of problems,it just seems(in my area anyway) that the Xplod line has more than its share. Sony makes some awesome equipment,and I think the Sony name has sold the Xplod line for them,but,the Xplod is an entry level line that is way over-rated IMO.

G

·
Oh I know. I feel the same way you do. The explode like is far from great IMO. They dont come back as often as Aiwa. Those have got to be the biggest POS' we carry. The Clarions arent bad but the displays always puke out. Not too many problems with the Pioneers tho. :)

·
Ranger Member
41 Posts
sLOW said:

Fock...I never knew that. You probable saved me from wiring tons of harness. :cool: Sweet.
No problem man,I`m not sure if that applies to every Sony and Aiwa unit,but I do know that the Aiwa MP3 player plug does interchange.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts