S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, need help/tips on making my s10 manual, currently my setups is an ls with 4l80e. Im currently doing research on it but anything helps, like what i need? I know im going to need pedals, clutch slave,t56,clutch,maybe crossmember if i can use mines, driveshaft redone. If you have any info thanks in advance.
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Car

·
Been there Done it
12,468 Posts
Do a search within this section of the forum. It's all been done before. What are you running for an engine? ZR2 rear end or an un-narrowed 8.8? My wheels are chrome, but I recognize the tad bit of poke. Wish we had bodies like that here in the midwest.

·
Horsepower Addict
253 Posts
I'm running all stock S10 pedals, slave etc.
I have an LS7 clutch & G-force cross member.

Only issue I had is the trans mount needs to be rather tall, so I had to build a spacer to fit below it for the proper driveline angle.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
You'll need a clutch pedal from a manual truck. Once it is out of the donor it can be pushed into place on yours and it will snap into place without pulling the dash. Once you remove the pedal it should make sense.

Brake pedal will either need to be swapped or cut down. Can swap the pad from a manual truck from what I've heard once the pedal is cut down. Brake pedal bolts in up top, so not as easy to swap, but can be done with the dash out.

Also from what I read, on the auto trucks, there's a mark or divot where the master cylinder should be mounted. Factory master cylinder has a square cutout.

I didn't like and had issues with pedal/clutch engagement on my T56 swap and ended up swapping to a larger bore master cylinder. There's a 94 era Dodge Ram option as well as an Isuzu box truck that use the same square hole as the S10. I added an adjustable heim joint and did some other tricks to give myself an adjustable throw to dial in the clutch release.

Driveshaft length will be different.

I made a custom crossmember for my 5.3/T56.

Stock T56 Slave cylinder is a good choice, but make sure you're not getting a knockoff brand as I've seen some issues.

·
time to get cereal
5,655 Posts
I added an adjustable heim joint and did some other tricks to give myself an adjustable throw to dial in the clutch release.
Do you have a link or part numbers for what you bought? I might have missed that in your build thread. The plastic cage that holds the pushrod onto the pedal arm broke off in my '01 a long time ago and I've just had a zip tie keeping the pushrod from falling off... would be nice to have something more robust.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Do you have a link or part numbers for what you bought? I might have missed that in your build thread. The plastic cage that holds the pushrod onto the pedal arm broke off in my '01 a long time ago and I've just had a zip tie keeping the pushrod from falling off... would be nice to have something more robust.
I ended up down a long rabbit hole to get to the heim joint, but if it's TLDR skip to the last 2 or 3 posts.

I also discussed some of it more in this thread:

One of the big advantages of the heim is eliminating that plastic clip. I went through 3 or more of those before switching. Some of them brand new from GM and couldn't keep them in one piece.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts