S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a 5/4 drop on my S-10 and have 17's waiting to be put on. What size tires should i get so they don't rub when i turn the wheel? The rims are 17x8 with a mid offset. Also, am i going to need any backspacing?

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
ouch 17x8 on a 5 inch drop you will rub so bad. what is the backspacing on the rims?

in front id go wtih 225 45 17 because my truck with the stock zq8 rims and 245 50 16 banged teh fenderlip bad when i had it dropped 5 inches in front.

no rear you can fit a 255 45 17 no probs

tony

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
So a 235/40 will work and not hit too bad? I tried to stay away from a that low of a profile though becuz my friends civic rides on 40's and he says all he does is bend rims left and right. Maybe its cuz its a rice wagon. lol (no offence to any out there cuz i love em..i just like my S-10 a bit more:thumbup: )

·
Registered
920 Posts
thats the size your probaly gonna have to go with i have to trim back some of my fenderlip thing cause it scrapes when i turn at lock on my 235/45/17 and i just have a 4 inch drop. If you avoid potholes and its a decent quality tire and rim you shouldnt have to worry about bending your rims you just have to be more carefull

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine is only a 4 drop in the front too. The 5 is in the back.

As to the backspacing i'm not exactly sure but i think its 5.25 (that # is on the box...i'm new on rims so i'm just assuming thats the backspacing. If its something else lemme know)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One more thing.....anyone know where to get those 235/40's cheap? I found some for like 96 and thats a damn good deal but i dunno if there are better prices on better tires or what. I think those were Kumos that i saw for that price.:confused:

·
Registered
920 Posts
just be glad 96 is all your paying

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
i got kumhos on my 18s in front and they are dope....i havent had any problems with them at all...........go with those

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
the inner fender is pretty easy to cut out....but you have to have the right tools to do it......i would ask tony cause he did his

1 - 14 of 14 Posts