S-10 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just put a 5/4 drop on my S-10 and have 17's waiting to be put on. What size tires should i get so they don't rub when i turn the wheel? The rims are 17x8 with a mid offset. Also, am i going to need any backspacing?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
So a 235/40 will work and not hit too bad? I tried to stay away from a that low of a profile though becuz my friends civic rides on 40's and he says all he does is bend rims left and right. Maybe its cuz its a rice wagon. lol (no offence to any out there cuz i love em..i just like my S-10 a bit more:thumbup: )

·
Registered
920 Posts
thats the size your probaly gonna have to go with i have to trim back some of my fenderlip thing cause it scrapes when i turn at lock on my 235/45/17 and i just have a 4 inch drop. If you avoid potholes and its a decent quality tire and rim you shouldnt have to worry about bending your rims you just have to be more carefull

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mine is only a 4 drop in the front too. The 5 is in the back.

As to the backspacing i'm not exactly sure but i think its 5.25 (that # is on the box...i'm new on rims so i'm just assuming thats the backspacing. If its something else lemme know)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more thing.....anyone know where to get those 235/40's cheap? I found some for like 96 and thats a damn good deal but i dunno if there are better prices on better tires or what. I think those were Kumos that i saw for that price.:confused:

·
Registered
920 Posts
just be glad 96 is all your paying

1 - 14 of 14 Posts