S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm thinking of getting a Thrush glass pack for my 1997 4.3 Blazer, but when i went to Advanced Auto Parts today I ask one of the workers what I would need to put it on. To shorten this up the guy told me that i may not be able to put the glass pack on due to the fact the cattalic converter and the exhaust pipe from the muffler do not line up correctly, also he mention to me that i would have to get underneath the car and measure the flange that runs from the muffler to the cat. converter. Any help would be very much appreciated as I know absolutely mufflers and exhaust installation. also one last thing should I not get the thrush glasspack or the shoot for Thrush's turbor muffler

·
Beer time!
375 Posts
why do you want a glasspack? I can tell you from experience, your wasting your money... get a real muffler... I just had mine pulled out, I was sick of the loud ass noise!

·
Beer time!
375 Posts
Some will say Flowmaster, some spintech and even more are some no name brands... go watch some vids first and see which sound you like. I'm partial to flowmasters even though I only have a 2.2... I may try a spintech in the near future however... I've heard they sound sik!!!! ;P

·
Braves FTMFW!
5,829 Posts
I would say that as long as you don't mind having it loud all the time. Ditch the muffler all together. I ditched my Flowmaster 40 and set up a side exit in front of the rear tire.

·
Beer time!
375 Posts
I would say that as long as you don't mind having it loud all the time. Ditch the muffler all together. I ditched my Flowmaster 40 and set up a side exit in front of the rear tire.

Ewwwwwww.... you can't be serious...

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
Whatever you go with, just make sure it has an offset inlet, and a centered outlet. That will simplify the install if you plan to re-use as much of the stock piping as possible.

But go with something, anything. Straight pipes sound.....ummm....not great on the 4.3s

·
Braves FTMFW!
5,829 Posts

·
Beer time!
375 Posts
The best part is the pops when you let off the gas.
Bro, thats called a "backfire" and the reason you get that is because you have "Straight Pipes" and its letting too much air back into the manifold on the upstroke... Might wanna have that fixed! lol

·
Braves FTMFW!
5,829 Posts
Bro, thats called a "backfire" and the reason you get that is because you have "Straight Pipes" and its letting too much air back into the manifold on the upstroke... Might wanna have that fixed! lol
Yeah I know why its doing it and my dad said it would be better off running new pipe from the cat, back. Right now its side exiting in front of the rear tire. which I like... I might put the muffler back on. I took it off cause I was curious of what it sounded like :haha: ...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thanks for all the help guys i think ill go with the thursh turbo muffler since it has the offset inlet and a centered outlet. just one thing what am i gonna do about the flange inbetween the muffler and cat. converter?

·
Registered
498 Posts
What flange you talking about , a flange is like a flare that you use to bolt 2 peices together . Got a pic of the said flange ??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts