S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here goes, I have a 00 s10 and i want to put some different guages in it. I am haveing trouble. I wanted to go with white or silver faced gauges. My problem is i just want to do the factory gauges( tach,speedo,alt,fuel,oil,temp). Make it look sorta like seperate individual guages. But every pic i see of them the whole cluster is covered, i dont like that. All the other crap above it highlighted ( turn sigs, seatbelt, air bag, etc) i dont want that stuff changed. I just want the faces changed plain and simple. No color change revers light stuff, no logos, no flames, nothing else. Do they make something like that? What is the material that they use? Can i just cut out the parts of the overlayment that i dont want changed? Can you guys/girls help me out? I have never messed with this sort of stuff. My envision was to have it look like a set of white faced autometer guages, but then i saw some of the platinum/silver faced ones and i liked them too. Plus with the platinum/silver ones they would go with other billet accessories if i wanted to add them to the interior.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have some white face gauages in my 99 sonoma, but they are all one piece. I dont believe they come like you explained, Ive never seen them anyway it would look pretty sweet though. good luck! BTW you could always buy a set and cut them up although they wouldnt light up anymore.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Check out the gauges on the Truck Of the Month -- look at his website:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/charlesrichards/

These gauges are exactly like mine. They are one piece, but go under the black trim around your gauges. I just looked on ebay, where i got mine, but all I saw were ones that covered the whole area...

I had to trim mine slightly around the PRND321 area, and it didn't affect the lighting ability. If you want, I'll dig up the info on the company I got mine from.

If you go white face:

- Get a flexible set - these don't require removal of the needles. Saves a lot of headache.

- Use an add-a-circuit from Autozone. I rewired mine 6 times, then found a post here with this idea - it's perfect. Do a search - the guy tells you which fuse to add to. Best 5 bucks you can spend on this project.

- Use 3m double-sided tape, or similar. The gauges will be a little wavy, and your needles will hang up if you don't.

Drop me a line with any other questions, or for their info. I think I paid like $29 bucks for mine. They adjust through 7 different colors and have a brightness adjustability as well. Very nice, especially dimmed with the needles left bright. Easy on the eyes, very visible. these are classier looking than the flamed, logo'd, restyled stuff you'll see. Uses stock pattern exactly.

Good luck...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yah i saw chuck's gauges, but i dont really care for the glow gauges. Moon just did his i and i like his. They light up just like factory at night. I will have to think about your style a little more. The number one reason i dont want the glow guages is the glare/blinding because i do alot of night driving.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The pics everyone posts always show the reverse-glow at full bright, but they can be dimmed both by the normal switch and by the included adjuster. I leave my needles normal and turn the gauges way low; very nice. If I can get ahold of my buddy's digital camera I will take a pic at my usual night setting.

If you like another set, go for those -you should have no problems trimming them. good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts