S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Eksessiv Louisiana
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I just made my last order today for everything I am gonna need to bag my truck from Jason. Last thing I will need is fittings which I plan to just get locally. Also I plan on running compression fittings. I've been sittin here making diagrams of my setup to see what kind and how many of each fitting I will need, but I keep confusing myself somehow and starting over, so I figured I would just see if I could get some quick help here. I'll list what I am running and maybe someone can tell me what I need. Thanks in advance.

Here it is:

Setup is FBSS

5/8" fills on all 4 bags.
1/2" Dumps for front.
3/8" Dumps rear.
8 1/2" Ports on Tank.
- 4 will be used to bags, 1 for compressor/bottle, 1 for drain, 1 for gauge, and 1 for pressure switch.
All 4 bags have 1/2" ports.
2 Dual needle gauges for bags 1/4".
1 Single needle gauge for tank 1/4".
And all 1/2" line, except for gauges which will be 1/4".

I think thats all the info anyone would need to help me, if not let me know, once again...Thanks a lot in advance for your time!

·
ALMOST DONE
1,422 Posts
no need for 5/8 fills just get 1/2 valve and 5/8 line if you want it really fast

·
Switch Hitter
402 Posts
where did you find 5/8" valves?

·
Registered
432 Posts
well i'll try my best. if valves are on the tank you need:
-1/2" nipple for each port
-5/8" male to 1/2" female bushing for each fill (unless you can find a 1/2" male to 5/8" male then you won't need the 1/2" nipples or bushings)
-4 way cross(this is what i got from larry for my gauge line, all 3/8") one end goes into the fill valve(so buy appropriate fittings for that) one goes to gauge line, one goes to dump(again need appropriate fittings to connect) and the other goes to a 3/8" pipe thread to 1/2" compression fitting. so you will need 4 setups like this
-then you need 1/2" compression fittings to 1/2" pipe for each bag.

about the 4 way cross thing, i've heard people also tap their T fittings to run gauge line out of it, our you can just put a T anywhere on the line between the bag and fill valve

for the compressor i have a T straight off my tank with my pressure switch coming off of it and my compressor running into it

sorry if this is confusing, its late and i'm tired. if you have any questions just ask, or if someone wants to correct me please do so. its really just best to draw it out like you said, and theres a few ways to set it up so you just gotta go with what you want

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
just to let know, i dont think a 5/8" valve on a 1/2" line is going to be any, if at all, faster than a 1/2" valve on the same line... did you ever think about upgrading the 2 front lines to 5/8" line?

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
SlammedDime said:
Yea... it'll be faster, but not much
:stupid: but aggreed u should change out your supply line for 5/8" or 3/4"

·
Eksessiv Louisiana
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea i had originally planned to run all 3/8 valves and 1/2 line, but like i said i just couldnt pass up 4 brand new parker 5/8 valves for 150$ so i went ahead and kept them, i might still run 5/8 line for the front but i already have the 1/2 line.

but im not really worried about it being THAT much faster, cuz im sure 5/8 fills with 1/2 line on nitrogen will be plenty quick enuf for me

thanks for all the input

1 - 10 of 10 Posts