S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my intake on for about 2 months now and everything is going ok EXCEPT that the rubber blue piece that connects the MAF to the tube going up to the top of the motor always slips off on the tube side (hope this makes since i cant think of all the technical terms)...it came with one of the huge hose clamps and i added another one to try and prevent it but it still comes off about once a week....any suggestions on what i could do?

·
I turn.
2,555 Posts
if the tube is aluminum I'd rough up the surface that goes into the silcone connector with some sandpaper or something like that. you may also have some oil or something on the connector, you could try hitting it with some degreaser or picking up a new one - they're only about $5. you could also replace the hose clamp with a T-bolt clamp (check a performance shop or a marine parts store) that will let you tighten it down alot more. How much of the tube is going into the connector?

·
Seeking Insight
554 Posts
And also make sure that your clamps are good and tight. Dont use a flathead screwdriver to tighten your clamps. Instead use a 5/8" nut driver to tighten the clamps. A nut driver will be able to tighten them more, thus reducing the chance of having the blue pieces slip off.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
damn both good ideas thanks...i have only been using a screwdriver to tighten it down so i will definitly use a socket and scuff up the tube for better grip to the rubber...and i think only like a inch and a half is going into the tube...barley enough for the two clamps

·
Registered
285 Posts
Thanks. I can grab the right size driver but can't remeber the size for the life of me!
I get that ALL the time. Grab the right one, later somebody works on there truck and ask what size is this........?????????hell if I know??????

1 - 7 of 7 Posts