S-10 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, first i wanna say, ive only bought 1 thing from u guys, and i was extremely happy with it. I wish i knew of you guys 5 yrs ago.... anyways, i have a bagged 98 ext cab. with a v8/6 spd....... i have that terrible cando reverse 4 link, and with the power it makes, it hops all over the place..... this was my 4th crappy 4 link! which one would u guys suggest? i was looking at the 5 link backhalf, but its so expensive..... basically, i need to know what'll ride well, and def. has to be able to spin the tires..... hopefully, this will be my last 4 link, cuz the wasted money is killing me..... thanks

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ehh.... the fuel cell i didnt wanna do unless i had to.....

whats a good 4 link..... ill be honest, i dont wanna weld one in

·
376ci LSX MCSS? Say what?
7,589 Posts
i will be watching this thread, i am wanting to do the same thing...3 or 4 link and be able to spin the wheels

·
7,589 Posts

That one right there for $649.99 or get the bushing one for $75 less..
so this woudl be the best for us with v8 power and still want to roast the tires w/o worrying about wheel hop and all?

·
7,589 Posts
I have that same link setup... definatly cant spin the tires anymore... really bad hop right away
shit....i guess i cant have my cake and eat it too....v8/6spd = burnouts and bagging/ wanting to burnout....i guess they dont mix, :(

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
Im worried as well as I have a LT1 in my blazer and dont wanna lose functionality. but isnt wheel hop eliminated in adjustments of the 4-link?

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
this cant be right guys..... i just cant seem to believe that there is no link kit thatll not wheel hop, v8 or no v8......

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
this cant be right guys..... i just cant seem to believe that there is no link kit thatll not wheel hop, v8 or no v8......
look away from the 'bagging' link kits.
they are designed for the suspension travel.

if you want no wheel hop, you need a geometry that is designed for traction.
which, btw is not going to be true throughout the suspension travel.

·
Local Tech
5,407 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok, cuz thats the one im interested in..... i just wish it(like everything else) was cheaper...... do u have the back-half? bolt-in?

·
Stepsides are cool
1,182 Posts
i just ordered the sd tri 4 link. i can roast the tires now well with my 4.3 without wheel hop...i hope its the same way when i get my link in

·
2legit2quit
3,983 Posts
If you really want to put power to the ground, then I would suggest going with a fuel cell and a custom link thats is gonna be designed for it. There's no be all end all kit that will do everything. If you want bolt on and you want to work around the stock tank, then you have to make sacrifices to the link design that will effect performance.

·
Its that dam ADD!
4,742 Posts
I think he needs some support on those lowers

1 - 17 of 17 Posts