S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if this is in the wrong place feel free to move it. sorry i just was'nt sure where to post. anyway i've got a 2001 chevy s10 4.3 v6 automatic 2wd and its loosing coolant... but, there s no visual leak and it doesn't have a cracked or blown head gasket, it also doesn't seem to be the water pump so where could my coolant be going? thanks

·
has 22's now
3,624 Posts
it could also be the heater core.

·
Sgt. Stv-LoNowitz
5,117 Posts
How many miles are on it?

In the words of Onimun, who was correct on mine, "It's the intake gasket."

·
is dekitted...
1,826 Posts
Not the right section for this, but......

My truck did this once, and the first time it was the radiator, the plastic sides had a tiny crack that would leak a miniscule amount of coolant over like a weeks time.

Then, I was still losing coolant after a new radiator shortly after, and it was the Lower Intake Manifold gaskets...

I'd check those two things to begin with, if you say its not the heater core.
Also, just to be sure, pull your dipstick, or change your oil and inspect it

·
Sgt. Stv-LoNowitz
5,117 Posts
Not the right section for this, but......

My truck did this once, and the first time it was the radiator, the plastic sides had a tiny crack that would leak a miniscule amount of coolant over like a weeks time.

Then, I was still losing coolant after a new radiator shortly after, and it was the Lower Intake Manifold gaskets...

I'd check those two things to begin with, if you say its not the heater core.
Also, just to be sure, pull your dipstick, or change your oil and inspect it
Mine was that exact thing. My radiator had a crack that leaked and the lower intake gasket was shot as well.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ok one more question, how do i know if i have a plastic intake manifold without tearing my engine apart? again it's a 2001 with the v6.

·
Ehhh!
2,285 Posts
Your intake manifold sits on top of the engine. It will be pretty much the entire top of the engine. If you look at the tube coming from your air filter housing, it mounts to your throttle body. Your throttle plate mounts to the intake manifold. If you see a huge plastic part that runs from front to back of the engine, then that is a plastic manifold.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts