S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 5/7 drop and i cut out the bumpstops and brackets and im about an 1.5inch away from axle hitting frame so i was wondering how i should fix that other than doing a notch

·
Negative 10
22,389 Posts
why dont you just do a bolt on notch? its way easier than a normal weld on. and this way you wont have to cut into your bed to do it. other than that theres nothin you can really do. you can get the thing that ej is talking about but you are stil going to hit that and its guna be a shitty ride.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
im gonna do the bolt in 2.25 notch soon.
no cutting into the bed except unless your pumpkin dents it in

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i have 3 inch drop leafs and 4 inch blocks so that is 7inches but it might not of dropped that far and my shocks have compressed more so my axle is about an inch away from frame now

·
Needs a new license plate
279 Posts
mine touched my frame with a 7 inch drop...

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
yeah but look you have a 3 inch block and 1 leaf with an over load spring. thats why its sitting on the frame

doesn't matter how he got there, he still only has a 6" drop. It would be the same thing if he used two 3" blocks stacked on top of each other.

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
i have the bolt in notch, but its welded in. with a plasma cutter it only took a few hours.

still have yet to do mine.... grinder means itll take me a bit longer... so i forgot.. pulling the bed makes it easier? or not toooo much?

·
Needs a new license plate
279 Posts
you could rent a plasma cutter at A to Z like i did for 40 bucks...

·
Starting from scratch...
3,349 Posts
i highly sugest you find someone that knows how to use a plasma cutter to do it.
Agreed. I spent the morning with a co-worker at the health clinic b/c he's a gigantic tool and tested the cutter using the palm of his hand, and thus subsequently cauterized a 3/32"-sized hole in his hand. Of course, this fella's a little dumber than most, but you get the idea.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts