S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 98 2.2l and i just oulled the motor to rebuild.. well i hooked everything up and tryed to start it and nothing. i had power but the motor didnt try to turn over. ok so i check the fuses.. found a blown igniton fuse.. so i got a new one well i had the key in my pocket and no one had the clutch pushed in.. and soon as i hooked the battery up the truck started up???? now i have no power to the cab and nothing even when i hook the battery up it doesnt try to start.. so any ideas would be great...
thanks,
mike

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
any news what happened?
no no pinched wires.. i replaced the igntion switch and that didnt do anything. but i noticed that i didnt have a ground wire going from the block to the frame so i installed one and know i have lights. but it still doesnt crank over????:rant:

·
I void warranties
161 Posts
maybe you have the solinoid wire is touching the power cable for the starter:dunno:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
check behind your alternator...theres a wire feeding your ignition control module...i oinched mine between the alternator and bracket and it shorted everything out causing it to not start....the wire is green...i think its like 10-12 guage
o wow i will check that out thanks alot...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Can you tell me where the ground wires connect? I have two with ring terminals and I cant remember where they are mounted. I think they are the ECU reference grounds...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here ya go. It looks like its in the position to plug into the alternator (as far as location goes). I don't remember pulling this one off. Any ideas?

Thanks man :tup:

·
tu-tu guru
8,893 Posts
hmm never seen that before, it looks like you have a 98+ which im not familiar with, sorry, but it looks to be something for the ignition control module thats on the side of the block with the coil packs attached....either that or some other sensor my motor doesnt have.....will it strach all the way to the filler neck? it looks like it could be a plug for the temperature sensor.....sorry i couldnt tell you exactly what it is

·
Registered
82 Posts
hmm never seen that before, it looks like you have a 98+ which im not familiar with, sorry, but it looks to be something for the ignition control module thats on the side of the block with the coil packs attached....either that or some other sensor my motor doesnt have.....will it strach all the way to the filler neck? it looks like it could be a plug for the temperature sensor.....sorry i couldnt tell you exactly what it is
It is a '98. The sensor went in near the coil packs.

The car wouldn't start up. The lights blink when we connected the battery, but the starter won't turn and the fuel pump won't prime. Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts