S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Been there Done it
15,265 Posts
ECM for a 94 4 banger.

The broadcast code (4 letters BKCP) is for the chip inside it which you would swap into your new ECM because it contains all the vehicle specific coding.
1994 Chevy / GMC S10 S15 Sonoma 2.2L Engine with Automatic Transmission - with Federal Emissions
You can get those on ebay also. For more than the ECM.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ECM for a 94 4 banger.

The broadcast code (4 letters BKCP) is for the chip inside it which you would swap into your new ECM because it contains all the vehicle specific coding.
1994 Chevy / GMC S10 S15 Sonoma 2.2L Engine with Automatic Transmission - with Federal Emissions
You can get those on ebay also. For more than the ECM.
thanks fir the info now i can figure out what programs and fuel curves i ccan reprogram this thing with.

·
Been there Done it
15,265 Posts
Whoa, there cowboy. Those old ECM's are PROM (read only). You need a 98 PCM or newer that is an EEPROM to start being able to do your own programming. Unless you have a pile of blank chips and a chip burner.

·
Been there Done it
15,265 Posts
I don't believe so, but you definitely want the battery disconnected before doing any connecting of anything to an ECM.
There are a bunch of little tips like touching both battery cables together after removing from the battery to discharge any static, but I've never done them and haven't blown one yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts