S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lowered my Blazer this weekend. All is well however there is a thump over larger bumps. I think its the shocks. I havent changed em. I went to stylin and there site implies there isnt a diffenence in the length of the stock shock to a lowered one. I checked another site and toxic shocks were the same stock number for all shock regardless of drop 1-5" I used 3" blocks in the back. Is it possible the noise is something else? The over all drop was not alot my blazer sat kinda high even though its a 2wd. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
You have to remember that just dropping with blocks doesn't
change the distance the stock stock's extended length and
compressed length..All you did was "raise" the axle assy up
higher on the stock springs via blocks. The shock mounts
on the axle/leaf spring assy has remained unchanged..

Now if you had dropped it with de arced leafs springs or
"3" lowered" leaf springs, then a new shorter shock would
be req.

It's is something else and it may be just grazing the bump stop.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks man, I thought that too but the "bump" is buggin me. I'm gonna recheck the bolts and stuff. I can also mark up the bump stop w/ a marking crayon to see if thats it. However if antone has any other idea's please post something.

·
Registered
174 Posts
just get some 3inch lowering leaf springs and lower till it sits on the bump stops... lol one thing i would do is make sure your allignment pin is in on the blocks and make sure the ubotls are tight.. i had that happen to me before where the pin wasnt in...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yep the pin is in the hole ubolts are tight too I didnt cut the extra threads as they dont seem like they would be hittin. the sound or "bump" feels like its right in the butt. It comming from the floor area behind the seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts