S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok now, here it goes, try and make it short for you guys..
I just got a 99" s10 xcab and am have bein studing my butt off looking to seek the best sound i can get with my truck/music daily driver!

Here is what im currently looking at,

Pioneer DEH-P7500MP -(pioneer decks have bein good to me)

Infinity KAPPA60.5CS -these are my speakers, thats it, recommendations can be added, im just about 75% sure on these.no back filler sound .

Next is where i need help. Im not going for show stopping bass, but i want Lots of it, Im currently looking at this for subs...

Kicker L7solo's, L5 solo's or slightly the comp vr's... The amps are either
Kicker KX200.2 for highs and Kicker KX600.1 for L7's for sub w/??box??

Or whatever you got a suggestion for... also thought for (budget in mind) Kicker KX550.3 for amp, powing highs and sub and L5 for sub, diffently going with 1 12" sub now. Dont want box to be bigger than back window, and need it to fit the amp also... Thanks for any help. Any sub recommeditions will be appreciated, has to be under 200 bucks and sound good to metal, rap, and alternative rock... Was thinking since everyones consinces here is ported box that go to ported, just make it the biggest size due to manufacture ported sizes, but want it to sound clean and not miss a beat... thanks.

·
Registered
88 Posts
For subs im all about JL... I got my friend 1 12 w3 v2 wit 500wt rockford and it knocks and its hella clean... And ported is the way to go.. gl

·
Registered
585 Posts
i got 2 s8l7's. not the best i coulda got, but i'm real happy. sounds good, and fit with only losin 1 notch in the seat. also got a 600.1 kicker amp. it is decent. i didn't need a ton of bass, but anything was better than nothin.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn, now im thinking of going with RF one 12" sub, the big one and hittin it with 500 watts rms... I CANT MAKE UP MY MIND!!!

·
Back again!!
1,680 Posts
my sub vote goes to elemental designs. I dont have one but my friend has a 12A in his truck, and his brother has a 12kx in his jeep, and i love both setups.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts