S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal, ever since I got my 99s-10 ext cab.. With all the controls in the off position I am still getting mass heat blowing in through the lower heat ducts under the dash at above 20-30 mph... How do I close them off so that I am not sweating at 60mph with all my windows open? Please someone help, my warranty is out. I stuffed a pair of jeans in it for now but how lame is that? ... thx in advance.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
did you try changing the vents to like the defrost or upper vents?

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, then a ton of heat comes out the upper vents, in which case my upper body gets nice and toasty, and yes its in the off position.. Wasnt so bad when I lived in NY but here in S Cali I'm gettin smoked, like bacon. :cry: :D

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw defrost uses the a/c which sucks power from everything including other cars i'm passing, lol. Everything works fine, except that in the off position the vents are still open, alot.

·
0 Posts
I have the same problem and dont know of anyway to fix it. It really sucks here in Texas.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
I remember someone talking about removing and blockin a vacume line but I am not sure wich one it is off the top of my head.

·
SobeTwisted
48 Posts
Actually you can open your glove box, unbolt the crap to get the inside back of the glove box out, then there will be a rod back in there, you can move that left or right or something and it will shut the vent, there for, you wont be melting off your womans makeup. I think you have a broken vacuum pod (located by the floor vent on driver side, it is hidden up in there) a clip is broken/wore out and causing the rod to slip, defrost is a default so if something like that goes wrong you will keep warm and beable to defrost windows. (thoughtful during the winter i thought)
I know this thread is out of date but its still up so maybe it can help someone. PM if you are confused.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
SobeTwisted said:
Actually you can open your glove box, unbolt the crap to get the inside back of the glove box out, then there will be a rod back in there, you can move that left or right or something and it will shut the vent, there for, you wont be melting off your womans makeup. I think you have a broken vacuum pod (located by the floor vent on driver side, it is hidden up in there) a clip is broken/wore out and causing the rod to slip, defrost is a default so if something like that goes wrong you will keep warm and beable to defrost windows. (thoughtful during the winter i thought)
I know this thread is out of date but its still up so maybe it can help someone. PM if you are confused.
Sounds stupid but it could be that you have the heat indicator still on heat(even if the blower is off this control still works) Turn it to cold and colder air will flow through those vents.

Also...did you realize this thread was from 2001!!! :jawdrop:

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
turn the heat selector to cold instead of hot maybe?

·
Beyond Basic.
2,295 Posts
there's a vacuum hose that you can unplug in teh back and leave it unplugged, it'll make cold air come through instead of hot. I do it in the summer. If you dont plug the hose it sucks air and makes the air sucking noise, so close it off with something.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
there is a bunch of threads about this, i think one with a good solution was the "toasty feet mod" for now i just keep the knobs on cold and it cools the air coming out a lil, cause i have a pair of etnies with the toes on the right shoe warped cause it started to melt. if u keep all your windows closed u will also decrease the amount of air getting sucked through the vents.

i was told its the grey vacuume line that you pull out to shut of the heat on the hvac controls. search it im sure there is plenty more info

1 - 13 of 13 Posts