S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think i striped the oil pressure threads on the block well the brass fitting its pretty bad but i heard brass does that some times and if the block its striped what can i do cuz the motor was just putl all together well thanks for ur times its the thread in the back of the motor

·
Registered
531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If i re thread it wont there be shaving in the motor then everything bran new seals all closed up there still some threads just the brassfitting is crap if i put loctite will it seal it good cuz i dont care about taking it out after its done..

·
ask me about my crabs
81 Posts
If you use good ole' loctite, its not going anywhere, I just pulled the knock sensor of of my truck and it had loctite on the threads and I had to usea 12 inch monkey wrench and hang off it to get it to budge.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
33,605 Posts
sadie60 said:
If i re thread it wont there be shaving in the motor then everything bran new seals all closed up there still some threads just the brassfitting is crap if i put loctite will it seal it good cuz i dont care about taking it out after its done..
Put some heavy grease in the flutes of the tap...that will contain most of the filings...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.