S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 94 s10 blazer VIN W thats been giving me trouble starting ONLY in the rain for the last few weeks. I got it to start last time by blowing a hair dryer over the ignition coil and distributer...there are no visible cracks in the distributer, how do i know if the problem is the coil or the distributer/rotor? And will replacing either of these fix this problem, or will this simply reoccur in another 5,000 miles thanks to another poor chevy design? Thanks alot!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey man,
when was the last time you did a tune up? I usually give mine a full tune up every 3 years, thats cap, rotor and wires. The last time I cheaped out and used aftermarket (AEM) and had my truck break down 1000 miles away from home and my tools and it costed my $300 for a distributor cap that only had 9000 miles on so I suggest you go with the good stuff from the dealer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tuned up about 10000 miles ago, but i think i figured out the problem since my last post...the wire from the cap to the coil may have been bad...the rubber protector on the coil end was cracked and almost hanging off of the rest of the wire...i figure that let enough moisture in to give me trouble in the rain...truck seemed to run a little smoother now too..thanks for the advice though

1 - 3 of 3 Posts