S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just Call Me Tha Man
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I have a 95 S10 with the 4.3 TBI...The problem I am having is if I step on the gas the higher the RPMs get the more boged down the motor gets... I hear a loud hissing noise comming from under the hood but I cant seem to find any vac leaks... I have changed out the plugs,fuel filter,pcv valve, and the gas but to no avail.. anything else I can try.... Thanks jason

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
Does it have the stock exhaust still? burn oil at all? This sounds almost like what happened when my catalytic converter got clogged. Does the whole thing slow down when it gets warm?

·
Just Call Me Tha Man
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No burniing oil

Not a bit I do have a flow master split to dual..... Its driving me nuts......

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i have a feelin it is your cat. how many miles are on the truck?:confused:

·
Just Call Me Tha Man
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
about

119000...... I hope thats all it is... Hell that would be great Is there any way for me to check that myself or do I need to bring it to a muffler shop???

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
Re: about

95S10 said:
119000...... I hope thats all it is... Hell that would be great Is there any way for me to check that myself or do I need to bring it to a muffler shop???
now i am almost 100% that thats what it is. i would buy a high flow high perfomance cat and, if my memory is correct, it should un-bolt and then the new one should just bolt right in. after that you should be good to go!:thumbup:

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
cut it out and put a piece of straight pipe in. If it stpos doing that then its the cat. LOL. Thats what I would do anyway.

·
Just Call Me Tha Man
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks

Thanks all I had the cat replaced with a high flow and it works great the other cat was all busted up inside......

1 - 8 of 8 Posts