S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: I just attempted to install some of the new APC "chevy style" LED taillights. You're supposed to be able to just plug them in. Anyways, i plugged them in and they didnt work. So i went to plug in my old red bulbs, and now none of the taillight bulbs will work, my corners wont work, and neither will my front turn signals. Only the headlights work. I checked the fuses under the dash and they all seemed fine. Whats worse is now my alarm has armed itself, and i cant disarm it, and I know the battery in my alarm remote isnt dead!! Damnit! Help! please! I cant even disarm the alarm to get in and check the fuses.

HELP!!

AIM: "changeyez"
e-mail: [email protected]

Thank guys!n :thumbup: :confused:
oh yah, its a 97 s-10 4.3L ext cab. Thanks!

·
Banned
18,005 Posts
do you have a hidden backup disarm switch inside the cab?? if so, use the key to get in, use the backup switch, then check fuses under the hood...you prolly either blew the fuses, or you blew all the bulbs..

do your signals work at all??

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
I've heard nothing but bad things bout those chead LED's for the tail lights. The only place I've seen that has decent LED's is here. I put a set of those cheap ones in my old JEEP and they screwed everything up. Good luck man. Later.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
sweetbutxtreme said:
I've heard nothing but bad things bout those chead LED's for the tail lights. The only place I've seen that has decent LED's is here. I put a set of those cheap ones in my old JEEP and they screwed everything up. Good luck man. Later.
i agree, i have hood good thing about jz engineering. givem a try.:thumbup:

·
Club H.A.S.T.E Turtle
408 Posts
I didn't have any problems with my LED's. Except for them not blinking when i first put them in. Changed to an electronic flasher, and they have been working since.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts