S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i have a 98 2wd dime. I sold it to my bro and he decided hittin a curb (or so he claims) was a good idea. Anyways he cracked my rim and i thought the truck just needed an alighnment. I jacked the truck up this afternoon to check it out and well i dont think the alighnment is gonna help. When you turn it to the left the front end binds, after further investigating i notice the inner tierod (i think?) is rubbing the cross member. I am wondering if this can be fixed with jasons new front linkage kit from performance someboy. Heres some pics. Yes i know shes gross... thank you guys
Patrick
Driverside

Pass Side

Idler Arm

·
Registered
268 Posts
My guess would be that your drag link/centerlink is possibly bent. I'd definitely replace the inner and outer tied rods as well as the sleeve. The crossmember and LCA is less likely to give than the steering linkage.

·
Certified MASShole
4,372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx, i think im gonna plan on going with the Power Performance Steering setup from sd.com. It includes the center link, 2 inners, 2 outers, 2 sleeves and the idler arm for $275 shipped. I may also get the upper and lower balljoints from Power Performance also since they havent been changed since i put the drop on. Any one else have ideas?

·
I BURN THINGS
5,880 Posts
Here is what I see

In the pic I marked where it looks like the spindle flexed. It maybe ok, but it could also cause some alignment problems. keep that in mind if it will not align or you have bump steer issues. Its hard to tell from pics, but it looks like you will need a pitman arm and center link (like mentioned in the above post).

When you change the pitman arm, take a close look at the sector shaft coming out of the steering box (splined shaft the pitman bolts to). A lot of time they will twist just above the pitman arm. You may need to slide the seal up alittle to get a good look.

You should also measure the lower contorl arms to see if the left one is back. First you need to find a hole in the frame rails (around the floor area of the truck) that is the same on the right and left frame rails. Measure from the hole in the right rail to the grease zerk of the right lower control arm. Then check the left side, the same way. From the hole in the left rail to the left grease zerk on the lower ball joint. The measurement should be the same. - This is way easier to do when the truck is on a lift:haha:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts