S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello and thank you for even looking at this post. My Girlfriend has a 1999 gmc sonoma and we are trying to sell it. But of course it took a dump and now i have to fix it just to get a little bit of money out of it.

Ok, the problem is the accessory bracket (fan/clutch,bearing) failed and the fan came off and into the radiator. Thanks to this site and searching i found the bracket cheap on ebay and have it ordered. And i will get a radiator locally.

When the fan came off it also broke the Lower fan shroud, I cannot find a part number, or any website that has 2.2L fan shrouds upper or lower. Everything i have found is 4.3v6 stuff.

And while taking everything apart, i found 2 rotten radiator/shroud bushings, a rotten Intake silicone coupler or whatever its called (rubber part that gets clamped to hold plastic intake to the throttle body) As well as pulling one of the spark plug wires apart.

So things i am hoping you can tell me, or help me with.

Part # for Lower fan shroud, or do i need to find one at a salvage yard?
Part # for Radiator bushings/fan shroud bushings
Part # for intake silicone tube, or should i just find anything the right diameter and cut to fit.
And what wires would you recommend. Just want opinions good/bad, i may just end up getting whats cheap!

Thanks again, I have a 1991 syclone and love it, and wish we didnt have to get rid of this sonoma, so not new to these trucks. I just dont know much about the 2.2L

And what are 190K mile 2.2L trucks going for? $1000-$2000 if running.

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
depends on truck condition

thats kinda high for that mileage but if its super clean and no rust in a rust prone area then it could be worth almost that much

the bracket and hub i am junking a real nice one in the morning with scrap load i stripepd a 2.2L engine and am junking most all the parts of it, a whole ton of them., real nice stuff too.

keeping the good cylinder head and rocker cover and coil packs and distrib drive plug and gear and all sensors and the intake

it seems like no one wants good parts that any ppl like us save, they always want to go to ebay and do it instead, weird. so we just have to junk all the stuff,

wasnt that fan hub making noise for a long time before it failed?

it shoudl have been

well good luck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply, I was going to see if anyone on here had one for sale. But due to our time frame (have to have the truck sold by Oct29) I didnt really have any options, just needed it fast and the local stores couldnt get one. Im sure junk yards have them, but i dont want to put another 180K mile part on the truck that we are trying to sell.

Thanks though

Any one know if the fan shrouds are the same 4.3 to 2.2L or is there a difference?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts