S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone!
I have a 1999 sonoma, 4.3 vortec, 3dr
I have changed all the bushings, balljoints, shocks, coil springs and tie rods. I have installed a drop spindle an the only thing that still needs to be done is "plug" the tie rod end into the spindle. The problem is that the bore on the drop spindle is bigger than the original. I can screw the nut, but the rubber boot is really squeazed and it's kinda loose. What can I do about it? Ever heard about it? Can I run them that way?
Second problem is that I can't turn the steering wheel completely, it seems that it hits a kind of stopper on the lower control arm. Do I cut it?
I hope to have some answers, the truck is still on the lift and I have about 10 hours spent on it and I am losing patience...
Thanx alot guys!!
Chris

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
these are some 2" drop spindles from belltech, the guy who sold them to me told me they were installed on a 1st gen blazer before if that makes a difference...

·
Registered
55 Posts
if you bought spindles that were fit to your car you shouldn't have this problem. you probably don't have the right spindles for your sonoma. i have an o2 s10 and i put 2" DJM spindles and they fit like stock. i'd check and make sure they're made for your car, otherwise id get some that are.

·
Registered
55 Posts
either that or when you changed to ball joints and tie rods and everything you didn't put factory size stuff back in, in which case u'd have to do some research to find spindles that fit.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the new ball joints and tie rod ends are perfect fit with the old parts when I try them on. They are original replacement parts. I thought that belltech drop spindles were good for s10/sonoma/blazer from 1984 to 2004...that's what they say on their site.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
This seems like a good time for pictures.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts