S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how do you make pictures look like this. i looked around on photoshop real fast, but came up with nothing.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no the photo it self, thanx i'll try that

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i have been playin around with it, but i cant seem to get it as detailed as the rancid one. heres what i got so far.

do they like change it to black and white first, or maybe posterize?

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'll try that. i think it might be the lighting though. i took some tonight in the house with less light and i think they turned out better. what ya think.

·
Finishing Interior
711 Posts
They probably had a higher resolution file that wasn't as much contrast as the file picture you posted. They might have done a couple of different things. Start fresh with the original. Than duplicate the layer at least twice. Use threshold on both layers but set each to a different threshold level. then use a mask on the top layer to "remove" parts of the layer revealing more detail on the layer below.

I did this with 6 layers.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
wow that looks awesome! i dont really understand what you mean. i know nothing about photoshop...haha i am just playin around with it. i'll try to figure out what you mean, thanx.

·
Token TSX Owner
8,716 Posts
wow that looks awesome! i dont really understand what you mean. i know nothing about photoshop...haha i am just playin around with it. i'll try to figure out what you mean, thanx.

Haha, the sad part is that the stuff he said is very easy to accomplish. Not calling you stupid by any means, just to give you an idea of how deeply complex Photoshop can be.

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Haha, the sad part is that the stuff he said is very easy to accomplish. Not calling you stupid by any means, just to give you an idea of how deeply complex Photoshop can be.
yeah i'm sure it is simple. i just never really used the program. i had friends that went to college pretty much for it so i know its not an easy program to learn. i just got it to play around with and shit. i just need to sit down and do some reading on the program, after that i should get the basics and a little more. thanx for all the help though. i got the layers, but not how to make them one yet. also am i right with the light thing. since it was takin outside in the sun. one more thing.. yes we are dressed up tryin to be pirates....:rotf:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts