S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to start my truck yesterday and when i turned the key it started, but the starter stayed ingauged, turns out where i turned the key, it didnt spring back (the key turns on, then twist forward to make the started engauge, well it stuck there, where the starter engauges, i had to manually pull the key back to stop it.) anyone know how to fix this? its never done it before and never hinted that it was going, can i just oil something or what, im lost, any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Time to replace the Ignition Switch.
I'ts not too hard, you have to pull the steering wheel of course. The switch costs about $8.00 at Pep Boys.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmm, i will go check in my hayne manual, is there somethin in there on how to replace it??

thanks for the reply, the quicker i fix this, the longer my starter and flywheel will live....if ya know what i mean, thanks.

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i swear ur reading my mind, ive been looking for my haynes since my last post, no luck, thanks for the link, perfect... hell i didnt even have to ask!

·
SOLD
7,551 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey just to let you guys know, if you ignition switch sticks, try spraying some wd-40 in where the key slot is. mine doesnt stick anymore.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts