S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got a 1995 GMC Sonoma sls with 2.2L 4 banger. I just replaced my clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, and clutch fork release. 1st and second are perfect. But if I get to about 25mph it startes shaking. Faster I go worse it gets. Anything helps.

·
the new guy
906 Posts
is your driveshaft ok and lined up properly? is yours an extended cab?
maybe your driveshaft center support bearing needs replacing? the extended cabs have a center support bearing that can go bad. if yours is a single cab, like my Sonoma was, maybe you need some u-joints changed? mine were bad on the back of the driveshaft and caused shaking

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s got a extended cab but and it seemed to be pretty spot on in the center but when I get off work I’ll look it all over thanks man

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just Asking.... Flywheel Bolts torqued properly?, also ... is the Bushing in the Crankshaft straight? (don't ask how I know). My experience has taught me whenever I replace something and things aren't right somewhere else.... go back and check the last thing you touched... also was it shaking before replacing all of these parts even a little? The shake could have become "enhanced" now that other things are not as worn.
Good Luck,
Scott

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone. I replaced the u joint and I joint bolts and now it’s the shaking is gone. First we tried tightening them and went on a drive. The drive shaft fell at about 25 mph and the u joint snapped. The bolts on one side snapped. All good now tho lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts