S-10 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
V8ed at birth
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
15.5 @90.2mph, that's the best I can do. The 350 makes me burn out all the way to the 60ft mark. I got posi, 3.73gears 275/60R15 tires. I want to put traction bars, but I think they'll hit the ground with the 3"drop. What are you guys using?:headbang:

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
You really don't need that much gear...I would drop it back to a 3.42, and doing that would help with your traction. If you are going to run down the strip you should own a set of slicks. that is about the best thing for the s10 w/ v8..SLICKS

G

·
Wow only a 15? I gotta say that sucks for a 350. Is there anything else done to it?
I have a lot done to mine. Going to the strip friday to see what it can do. I've got 4.11 gears.
Traction bars won't be a problem. Beucase they bolt onto the springs. As long as ou didn't lower the wprings your be find. If you replace the leaf srping maybe have a problem . I don't I'm lowering mine and gonna be replacing the leaf springs so I hope my bars will still work

·
Registered
745 Posts
Takin off

O.K. yall,you guys need to put a few extra pounds in the bed,throw on some drag radials ,slicks or any other tire with some wide sidewalls.Ifyou are runnin street radials you need to practice your launch.Give it hell off the line,let off it real fast ,then get back in to it.This will really help your 60 ft. times even if it sounds slow.Do NOT do smoky burnouts with radials,the heat makes them to soft ,you only want to clean them off with one quick ,short turnover.Dont drive through the water either.If you have an open bed,open your tailgate,this is also good for a few 10ths on the top side.Practice makes perfect.Good luck at the strip.

·
Registered
120 Posts
hey samllkineV8 i used to run tration bars on my blazer with 3 inch lowered leafs on the rear and never had a problem with them hitting the ground and I have the same size tire.With the 355 in it it and 3.73 gears I ran a 8.32 at 82.7 in the 1/8th never tried the 1/4 with it back then.One thing though if you do run traction bars get the ones for a S-10,the front rubber snubber should be under the front spring eyebolt,not under the spring itself.

·
S10 on NUTS
17 Posts
Wow only a 15? I gotta say that sucks for a 350.
spinning all the way out to the 60 ft mark is why he's running 15's. slicks and traction bars would drop that time pretty good. anybody use bfg drag radials? if so, how do you like them?

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
I know I only have half of my engine so far but it still spins my 275's with my 4.10 rear end. (only when I let the clutch out fast)
my point is you need to put a little weight on the rear end.
I doubt I could do it with 300lbs in the back! unless I popped the clutch.

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
xtremer-pxl said:
You really don't need that much gear...I would drop it back to a 3.42, and doing that would help with your traction. If you are going to run down the strip you should own a set of slicks. that is about the best thing for the s10 w/ v8..SLICKS

I agree, 3.42 is really all you need... anything bigger, will bite more so you need to tub it or just chucky slicks.

·
Yeah, still on the bottle
201 Posts
rrunner said:

spinning all the way out to the 60 ft mark is why he's running 15's. slicks and traction bars would drop that time pretty good. anybody use bfg drag radials? if so, how do you like them?

BFG drags works good, when their mildly worn, brand new, they seem not to grip well but after couple of uses they eventually do bite. The tire I found to work best for me was the Nitto Extreme Drag tires.. very soft composite that grips from first day all the way through the last of its life... :sheep:

·
Registered
45 Posts
One guy I know welded pieces of railroad rail as crossmembers above his axle just to add some dead weight in the back. You could also put a fuel cell in the back of the bed or in the current spare tire location. Locate the battery to the bed. Every bit helps. =)

Tires will make the biggest difference, but weight can help also.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Get a set of ladder bars and some weight in the ass end and it should hook up with no prob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts