S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 s10 with the regular grille the kind that looks similar to a sonoma grille. I was wondering if it is possible to install a double light grill from a 98 s10 or newer truck. If so, is it easy? Thanks If you want talk on AIM: throwitupds

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm kinda looking into doing the same thing. That or the envoy conversion. I have no clue about your question, but thought I would pop in and get in on the thread to get info when someone else does reply. I'm also bumping the thread too, hopefully someone pops in with an answer. :D

·
They took our jorbs.
3,797 Posts
i think that doing the 98+ front end conversion is about the same as an Envoy. You still need a new core support, and all the other obvious hardware. Whether or not its easy depends on your mechanical abilities, but i think the hardest part would be swapping the core.

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts

·
German S10
38 Posts
have anyone took some pics of his work????
I'm still planing the conversion,too.
Yesterday I got the 98+ headlights......now I can start working.... :clap:

I heard that its not really necessary to buy a radiator support.
Some guys did a few mods on the 94-97 rad.sup.(drilled some holes in it..)
You only need the 8 holes for the headlight brackets and 7(?I'm not sure) for the clips.

I think this way would be cheeper and saves time.
Am I right!?!?!?!

Any suggestions????

Does anybody know the part-no of the pigtails????

·
Registered
577 Posts
well i changed the core support when i did mine and the 98+ lights clip in as the 97 and older screw in so I would just buy the support and save yourself the hack job. It will take longer but will be worth it.

·
Static Slammed
1,138 Posts
Bowtie_s10 said:
have anyone took some pics of his work????
I'm still planing the conversion,too...
I'm assuming your talking about me, its a lot easier to just buy a core/rad support plus itll all line up perfectly if you cut up you 94-97 rad support it may be crooked and really "ghetto" looking heres a before and after of my truck...notice how no one could ever tell by looking at my front end its a 94 THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT

BEFORE

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
dont be a cheap ass were doing it on a 97 right now the support was 40 dollars

·
German S10
38 Posts
ibanez691 said:
dont be a cheap ass were doing it on a 97 right now the support was 40 dollars
In Germany you can only get the oem radiator support.
The price over here is approx. $500!!! :banghead:

I haven't found any aftermarket dealer who sells overseas....and non at ebay.com

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
im doing the same conversion from a 94 to a 98+ now when i buy the new radiator support will it just bolt right up and where woudl i get the wireing harness for the lights??

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
i want to know whats up with the hood latch i havent figured that part out yet and germany guy ill mail you one for my time 100 plus shipping

·
She loves when I go low
582 Posts
Does anyone know where to get a 98 core support for a good price?

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
i got one from certifit body parts for 44 dollars

·
Registered
6,955 Posts
no web site its a local place . and it bolted right up didnt even have to break the cooling or ac lines

1 - 20 of 30 Posts