S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the time has come to change only 2 of my 4 tires but i have the opportunity to change the fronts and make them smaller maybe. i wanted to know what is the exact difference between going from a 255/40/17 and going down to a 245 or even 235/40/17. is this possible and will this make a huge difference. or should i just stay with 255/40/17 all around. the tires i am going to be staying with are the toyo proxes t1-s. i know they have all those sizes but i aint certain of which way to go. thanks everyone for any help u can provide.

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Only thing thats going to change if you go with skinnier tires is less traction, but more room to turn the steering wheel if your lowered up front. Might rub a little less. My brother had 245/45/17 they looked nice.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well they are only going to be strictly front tires and not driven in any elements. if i change all 4 i will stay with 255 in the back and if i could go with 245 in the front. and i can't change the sidewall so that is a big factor.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how much more turning radius will i get with lets say a 245 or 235 and will it look odd having the 2 different sizes?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts