S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like to know the bes way to go? i have a 96 4x4 with the 4.3 like to add more air. changed the fact box and all .. should i go with airaide, or the volant!any help would b nice . thanks kbees

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
depends on if you wanna run a throttle body spacer or not. if you dont want to run one, get the K&N Gen II, if you want to run one then go with the Volant. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
go with the volant and if u want a pretty intake tube, go to autozone and buy a honda civic intake tube, the curve is pretty similar, cut it to size and there ya go nice shiny tube

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
I keep tellin you guys...It IS possible to run the K&N and the TB spacer together. The K&N comes with a black metal piece that is supposed to bolt to the TB. Simply leave it off and tighten the rubber sleeve directly to the TB. Fits just fine. There is minimal rubbing on the hood insulation.

·
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
I keep tellin you guys...It IS possible to run the K&N and the TB spacer together. The K&N comes with a black metal piece that is supposed to bolt to the TB. Simply leave it off and tighten the rubber sleeve directly to the TB. Fits just fine. There is minimal rubbing on the hood insulation.
hmmmmm, looks like i know what im buyin next for my engine:thumbup:

·
2,186 Posts
nice to see you are liking it! thanks Boom and Luni! :rock: :thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the help!i am new to this link.. its sweet! i have all ready started tricking my truck out picks on the way.. well go with the k/n gen 2 ,it well go sweet with my duel exhaust i put on,with bullet tips..

·
Registered
3,094 Posts
one thing I should mention....Unless you plan on doing headers too...the K&N lets in WAY more air that the stock induction, so much more that the stock exhaust cant handle it and you will blow out the between the y-pipe and the rest of the exhaust. I dont think it hurts anything preformance wise, just sounds bad...

·
2,186 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
one thing I should mention....Unless you plan on doing headers too...the K&N lets in WAY more air that the stock induction, so much more that the stock exhaust cant handle it and you will blow out the between the y-pipe and the rest of the exhaust. I dont think it hurts anything preformance wise, just sounds bad...
did you mean to say "...blow out the gasket between...":confused:

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
01ZQ8 said:
Like how bad does it sound?

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
I thought those TB spacers don't do anything? Saw a few posts
that said they were a waste of money. They also said they saw no gains on a 96 and up models.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts