S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.. I just installed a carsound CC, and a flowmaster delta with two 2.25 outs, on a 4.3, and it sounds rice!!?
i dont know why.. Is it the tips, the skinny piping?? i dont know, but i thought a 4.3 was supposed to sound more like a v8 than a 4 cylinder.. what should i do? is there a high flow muffler that is quiet?? this is why i bought the delta series, because they were supposed to have less resonance. maybe i should just go have a regular muffler put on..? please help.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
whast a car sound cc??

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
No such thing as what you are describing.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used to have a chevy 1500 with a 5.7, with a flowmaster on that. maybe im just to how that sounded.. i also think that the piping i used is too small (2.25). anyways, im just going to get the shop to put a regular muffler on it..'
thanks

·
Registered
211 Posts
no....2.25 is about what you want to run on your truck. that is the happy median. no smaller than 2", no bigger than 2.5". stay with the 2.25". the problem is you bought a flowmaster.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
SWTexasBLAZER said:
no....2.25 is about what you want to run on your truck. that is the happy median. no smaller than 2", no bigger than 2.5". stay with the 2.25". the problem is you bought a flowmaster.
Please get serious, the flowmaster is the furthest from this problem you describe, I would say it's probably the 2.25 pipes or you were just used to the 5.7 with flowmasters, there is really no reason to run anythign less than 2.5" piping.

·
Registered
211 Posts
well a larger pipe is going to do anything but make it sound deeper...on the 4.3. and that's right about the flowmaster on a 5.7. flowmasters sound awesome...with the right engine. don't assume that just cause it sounds good on a V8 that it will sound good on a V6. even if it sounds good on the V8 vortec engine, and the 4.3 is basically the same with two cylinders lobbed off, it's not necessarily going to be in the same exhaust tone class. and backpressure is plenty good of a reason to run less than 2.5" piping. if you're not running a lot of it, it probably doesn't matter one way or the other.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Backpressure should not be a concern with 2.5" exhaust on a 4.3 if you ask me. Also obviously a muffler isn't going to sound the same on different engines, but more than a few people out there can attest to the great sound a flowmaster brings to a 4.3!

·
LIL RED ROCKET
602 Posts
or do what i did.... i cut the fact. pipping out and put a single 3" all the way out from right behind the cat... and about were the old muffle was i put a glasspack there (backwords).. and stuck on a nice slash cut tip and made it look fact. i went with this on my old S-10 (97 manual V6) and i put it on my new XTREME (99 Auto V6)... and the way it looks and sounds i will be putting it on my Brother-in-law's 2000 Xtreme (Manual V6)

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Glasspack on backwards?!? Almost any other aftermarket muffler sounds better than a glasspack, they're more like a $15 temporary fix when you're original muffler falls off, put a nice muffler on that truck man.

·
LT1 Powered
2,467 Posts
maybe get a sound clip of what your truck sounds like?
i had a 50 series on my 4.3 and it sounded mean, every 40 series ive heard on a 4.3 also sounds mean

maybe you have rice in your head???

·
Registered
621 Posts
hstechfl said:
Hello everyone.. I just installed a carsound CC, and a flowmaster delta with two 2.25 outs, on a 4.3, and it sounds rice!!?
i dont know why.. Is it the tips, the skinny piping?? i dont know, but i thought a 4.3 was supposed to sound more like a v8 than a 4 cylinder.. what should i do? is there a high flow muffler that is quiet?? this is why i bought the delta series, because they were supposed to have less resonance. maybe i should just go have a regular muffler put on..? please help.
i had a delta flow 3 chamber flow(50 series) on an old s10 of mine with the 4.3, it was 2.5" in and out (single) and it too sounded TERRIBLE

only good sounding flow on our turcks is the original non delta 2 chamber (40 series) it is a loud muffler though. im running one on my new truck now but i have the 2.5" pipe running all the way to the bumper so it isnt too loud

if you dont want it as loud as the 2 chamber flow then your best bet is magnaflow, ive heard these on 4.3s and they sound excellent, quieter than a 2ch flow but they have a good sound to them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
:fart: :rock: SELL THE TRUCK FOR 50 BUCKS AND THEN BUY A MO-PED. ITS CHEAP ON GAS AND IT WILL SOUND LESS LIKE RICE THE YOUR S10. BESIDES THERE IS NO SUCH THING YOUR TALKING ABOUT. I OWN MUFFLERS FOR LESS, WE CUSTOM MAKE AND INSTALL IT ALL. IF YOUR EVER IN FL LOOK US UP. I'LL TAKE A LOOK.

·
SK Whut ?
1,025 Posts
It sounds like rice...thats wierd ?

I have a 2.2 with a flowmaster delta flow 40 and it sounds like most 4.3's !
check to make sure that the muffler flow is correct, if say the muffler was installed backwards, it could be buzzing/resonating the metal baffles inside it?
Good luck with it.

·
Weeeeeee
2,495 Posts
Try spintech instead of flowmaster. I've got a single 2.5" in dual 2.5" out Spintech Sportsman on my truck and it sounds just wicked. I dont think you can get any more of that american muscle sound out of a 4.3 than what i've got. Spintech will custom build your muffler to your desires, mine's got 6 spin chambers, and it's fairly loud... you can have them build it with like 8 and it will be a little quieter and still outflow the flowmasters.

·
Weeeeeee
2,495 Posts
... and there is nothing wrong with running dual 2.5" exits, some of you might say 'blah blah blah no back pressure' but that's just a load of bs. I seem to have more in the low/mid rpm's than before I switched to the spintech.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts