S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 s10 xcab V6 auto and I put the 6" Ulitmate suspension from Fabtech which include, 3" coils upper control arms and 3.5" spindles. My question is I have no travel at all, the upper control arm bumpstop are on the frame. I tried to get my truck alligned and they told me I can't because my Upper Control Arms are too short. I thought maybe they gave me springs for a 4cyl truck or they gave me wrong springs, or they gave me the wrong rated springs or the wrong Control arms. My truck bounces wrost then a lowered truck.
Please help
Chad
[email protected]

·
no fat GUYS, truck will scrape
626 Posts
I know this isn't want you want to hear, but because nobody seems to have an answer for you (including me) I would suggest calling Fabtech and giving them crap for it. Obviously something they sent you is wrong if it's not sitting right. Sorry I couldn't help you, but hopefully someone else can.:( :D

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
classic answer for that classic questins

2 WD ARE MADE TO SLAM NOT LIFT IF YOU SLAM THEM IT WILL ALIGN FINE,

j/k

ok there is a xtreme s10 that does have the fabetch lift

he went with lifting spindels and springs in front and rear leafs over the axle with blocks. he has 265 75 16 on the stock x rims. it aligns fine becasue ive talked to the guy a few times

TONY

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
any chance you could throw a few pics of this lifted xtreme up here? i am curious to see what a truck like this looks like. kinda goes against the grain for the xtreme norm.

·
Fleetwood Truckers So. Cal.
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Tony,
My truck used to be bagged. I got tired of slowing down for everything, blowing air bags, air line, scraping everything that you can think of. I just got tired of it.
Also I figured out why I don't have any travel, I guess the arms that I got are too short if you are running a 3" coil with the 3.5" spindle. It should be fine if you run a smaller coil in there. For me to run the 3" coil and the 3.5" spindle I need to go with the long travel kit, which Fabtech are going to stop making.
Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts