S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:chomp: Ok the guy who I bought the truck did the Install I can Finally See Exactly what he did

Ok theres 3.5" Focals and a Focal tweeters in the dash then in the doors there are I think 6" focals. It has Cross overs that I just found It has two of them Left and Right Side The Cross Overs has Input Low Mids And Highs The Highs are going to the Tweeter the mids to the 3.5" and then the lows to the 6" then the inputs run to the amp. But then there is another speaker wire running from one door speaker to the other. why??? I dont understand:chomp:

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
so all the speakers are hooked into the crossover, but there's a seperate speaker wire adjoining the two door speakers?

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah What the f's up with that

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Help I need to figure this out today:whip:

·
Registered
746 Posts
sounds kinda dumb, but maybe he did that to run the woofers in series and get a bit more power to them from the amp :dunno:

·
Banned
21,222 Posts
is the speaker wire running under the dash, from the driver side going to the pass. side and then back to the amp?

Thats how I ran my wire in my old car.

Ran the speaker wire together back to the amp, makes it cleaner....

Unplug the speaker wire from the amp, and give it a little tug, see if the wire under the dash moves at all. If it does, then he just ran it under the dash and back with the pass. side wire.

·
Stay Motivaed!
465 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks i called the guy up and He straigtened it all out

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
x3ro said:
sounds kinda dumb, but maybe he did that to run the woofers in series and get a bit more power to them from the amp :dunno:
that also sounds kinda weird...casue if u hooked up speakers in series u are creating more resistance which then gives u less power....its when u wire them in parallel u get more power

1 - 8 of 8 Posts