S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got a weird problem going on.
I bought a 1997 S-10 with the 4.3 Vortec w/ AC.

It had a toggle switch instead of the regular fan switch. So I replaced it with a fan switch. Plugged the blower motor in and it worked. The ABS and the Park Brake light would flash slowly at no particular constant rate. So I turned off the truck and back on. Now it didn't work at all but the ABS light was on constantly. So I replaced the blower motor resistor and relay. Sitll the same stuff happens. If I unplug then replug it in the motor under the hood, it will work but the ABS and Park Brake light will flash again then I turn it from high speed to a lower 3, 2, 1 it will turn off and the ABS light will come on solid.

Seeing how I repaced the switch, resistor, relay. I am not at a loss for ideas.

·
Electrical Mod
56,116 Posts
I"m a bit confused at what you're saying. Maybe the previous owned hacked the wiring. Get the wiring diagrams out of the link in my sig and start tracing wires.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi have a 2000 s10 ex cab have no temp or gas gauge only have transmission and milleage when key is turned part way on turn to start they go out dome light only works on over ride or thumb wheel tail lights and dash lights stay on all the time help PLEASE

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
bad switch or bad ground

or wiring hacked

1 - 4 of 4 Posts