S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
98 4X4 4dr Blazer LT
I am trying to find out where and if I have to drill throught the firewall to run my Power wire for my amp. I am in the Army here in Alaska and they try to rape you if you have to have anything installed. If you have pics that would be great...HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts
lift up the carpet on the passenger side floorboard. look up toward the firewall. there's a large rubber grommet where the antenna comes in. poke a hole in the rubber and push your power wire through.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
I did that with my 4ga wire. Took some work, but worked out. However when my amps turn it kills my radio reception. However, I have sat radio so I could care less about local radio.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I hear ya... Sounds easy but I have to be carefull due to the extreme Weather conditions in which I install these wires. Some pics of examples would be greatly appreciated.... Help A Soldier Out....

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
depending on what size wire you run you can use the grommey, or, you can drill your own hole for larger sizes. if you do drill either A. wrap the inside of the hole with liberal amounts of tape or foam so the metal doesn't rub against the wire, or b, go to the store and buy a grommet. its super easy, just pull on the carpet and it lifts up, then drill through the metal.

·
Registered
318 Posts
thats exactly where I went through with my 4GA... wasnt the easiest thing getting it trhough there... but its a nice snug fit! weather shouldnt pose any problems..

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You Guys Rock!!!!!!
Wired everything up this weekend and sounds great. went through the gromet as instructed and was easier than I thought. I really appreciate it They wanted 175.00 to 300.00 to install Here in Fairbanks, AK

I know it's a rip off But everything here is......

Thanks...

·
Panda s10 driving mofo.
1,592 Posts
woot!!!!! happy listenings...:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts