S-10 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 82 s10 that is stock ride height and I have a set of 1999 15x7 steel wheels that I want to put on it . What would be a good size to put on it that is at least a 235 wide?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Those wheels will fit too tight on the hubs unless you grind them out, if you force them on, they will be on forever. The centerhole on 97& older wheels will fit. (also, one other post said use 235/70/15, dont, they are too tall, will hit the rear of the front fenderwells on turning)

·
Registered
1989 S15 Ext Cab 2wd, 2/3 drop
71 Posts
235-60R15 - lots of cheap tire choices, perfect all-around muscle/performance size for the money.

Electrik

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know those will fit for sure. My mom has some on iroc wheels on her sonoma it rubs a little bit on the front when she cuts the wheels all the way but I can handle that. Thats the size I'll get if a bigger tire like a 245-60 won't fit. Those would probably rub pretty bad though.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
goto s-series.org they have a tire size calc that converts to inches and tells ya the series/width ration sizes really comes in handy i'm sure it will help a lil

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'd go with 235/70/15. used to work at a tire shop, seen a lot of trash go out the door. 70 series will keep the wheelwell full but will still fit perfect on a 7" wheel. that's the size I used on my 98 s10. looked great, if you still think that's too high, go with the 235/65/15, probably a special order but it's worth the wait, trust me....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I dont' want the lowered look I'm going for more the aggressive look. I think a 235/70 would give it the agressive look. A 235/70 wouldn't rub any more than a 235/60 would it?Thanks guys:thumbup:

·
Registered
128 Posts
Forced 98' 15" rims on my 84'

IOWABOB said:
Those wheels will fit too tight on the hubs unless you grind them out, if you force them on, they will be on forever. The centerhole on 97& older wheels will fit. (also, one other post said use 235/70/15, dont, they are too tall, will hit the rear of the front fenderwells on turning)

Now how do I get them off to rotate the tires?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
5 pound sledge:evilg:

Iowabod was right over the weekend I test fitted a wheel and I had to grind the 5 little humps off the center of the wheel to get it to fit.Thanks bob:D

·
Registered
128 Posts
The wheels are steel. Yes, i did notice they went on hard. But I figured i would deal with the consiquenses later.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I don't know if they are directionals or not. They do have that swooping triangle pattern in them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts