S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i got my s10 repainted paid like 500 bucks, and i lent it to a friend for a day, and he took out a can of wax outta my bed and put another one in instead, i waxed my truck with it and found out later it was turtle wax tire metal and trim cleaner, now my whole truck is covered with circles like it was dry sanded, i just did a layer of wax on a small sqaure and it seemed to fix the problem about 60%, and this was done quickly in the rain and cold of tonight, does anyone have any suggestions other than multiple waxings of REAL WAX, moral of the story, never lend ur truck to anyone, help would be appreciated

·
potholes SUCK!!!
173 Posts
kick the living shit out of your friend and dont ever let anyone borrow your truck again.

try a buffer. if waxing by hand helped...buffing it would make a hell of an improvement. use a quality rubbing compound too.

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
minitruck_freq said:
kick the living shit out of your friend and dont ever let anyone borrow your truck again.
:stupid:

Then try a rubbing compound

·
Registered
193 Posts
Take it to a pro detailer or back to whomever painted it. They may possibly be able to buff the scratches out. Worst case they can sand and reclear it. You can try it yourself, but you may do more harm than good.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Shouldn't have waxed fresh paint anyway. Takes a while for it to fully cure.

I suggest checking with the body shop. Might want to have it rubbed out.

·
dubdS10
1,275 Posts
Should have read the can and label first. You always do that when waxing to make sure its the right stuff.

Go back to the body shop who did it and talk to them, since they painted it they'll know what best to do for that certain paint.

Nate

·
Registered
2 Posts
best thing to do it take some 1000 grit wet paper or finer like 2 or 3 or 4 thousand wet sand lightly over the whole thing and let it dry and get ya some rubbing compund and can apply w/ sponge like wax or rag and then buff w/ buffer til it comes off doin this by hand will kill ya it takes forever .
then once thats done just wax it normal by hand on and off or on by hand and buff it off that should give u a better shine and smoother feelin then the paint was after bein done.
also great on old dull finishes too we done it to our 92 factory paint made it look new

1 - 8 of 8 Posts