S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently hit a guard rail in my s10. I was going around a corner and it was icy so it slid right into the rail. Now that front pass. fender is all jacked, bent bumper, and cracked grill. But what I'v notived noticed it that when my hood is closed, there is a gap between the bottem of the hood and the fender. That is on both sides. One person that I talked to said that I bent the front frame rails, but he wants to buy my truck off me so I think he was lying so he could get it cheeper. I was not goin fast but do u think he could be right????

·
SK= Midwest's Elite
4,906 Posts
yes i think he is right...i recently did almost the same thing, but hit another car at like 5 MPH...the hood was bent to shit and the front driver side was ruined...the whole front was ruined actually (you can look on page 2 of my gallery if you want, under Sonoma in the second gen section...on page 3 of the listings) and when i took it to the body shop they said that i bent the frame rails just at the front and they had to be tweaked out a bit in order to put the replacement stuff on and line up right

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its a 90 w/ a 91 grille but looking for a new one, bumper, and pass. fender...I live in Buffalo New York

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey guys, don't be afraid of frame shops. They usually do a free inspection to see if its out of wack, and if it is, its already on the machine and doesn't cost much to tweak it. I had a rx-7 once that had been rolled and was 1-3/4" out of wack. Cost $ 39.50 to fix.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts