S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I spend yesterday disassembling the carb, cleaning it up and putting it back together. I'm left with an extra black plastic piece 1 1/2" long and 1 3/4" wide and 1 1/4" high. The "high" is a circle with a 1/2" hole in the middle. I thought it went on the side where the fast idle cam is but it doesn't seem to fit anywhere. There was no picture of it on the rebuild diagram. Anyone knows where it goes or where there is a good "blow up" diagram of the Varijet II. Also, I expose the air mixture screw by taking the "plug out." Do I now saw the carb base perpendicular where the plug was located because now the adjusting screw is deep in the recess?

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
Don't know about the piece you are describing, but do not cut the base of the carb. Even though the screw is deep in the recess, you should not cut the bottom of the carb in any way. The rebuilt one I got from Holly has the top portion broken away, not even really coming right up to the screw either. Harder to describe than show, but don't have a digi cam.

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
Have to do this in two parts since the file is too large. This is a diagram out of a Haynes:

Attachments

·
What's in a name?....
311 Posts
This is all for a Rochester E2SE:

Attachments

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks doc, but I've looked at blow up's and the part isn't on there. I'll have to go to pep boys tomorrow and see if they have a rebuilt in stock and look at it. I'd appreciate if any '85 2.8 boys look under the hood and see if this black plastic part is near the fast idle cam. I can't believe I can't figure out WhereTF this piece goes. i musta have taken it off and figured it was obvious where it went. The linkages I made diagrams of and I took digital photos but when i blow them up, they aren't clear. H E L P !

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
If it works, here is photo of unidentified black plastic part

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Figured it out. Goes under float. Hole is for seat assembly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts