S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright, i got my two 10" subs in my jumpseat box. right, well im not happy with it. i mean its loud, but i dont know how it sounds, and then its got this airleak i cant seem to fix...pissing me off. so im thinking of ditching these subs and box...and amp. and going with a 12" sub in a ported box in the jumpseat. i want a high excursion subwoofer that will get really loud in a ported box, and also sound good, not great, but good. and i want it to be able to beat my brains out at like 30-32hz
current box, just cause i like to show it off.

anyways, i was looking at mtx 9500's, jl w6's and w7's, jbl w12gti's and fosgate t1's and t2's. i want to sell my old system and get my new one and come out pretty even. so that puts me at like a grand for a budget on a new sub and a new sub amp.

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i like it too, but im looking to run a higher powered subwoofer, to il getting a new amp, not to mention the resale value of this amp is a lot of money, (way more than i paid) and i could get a mucher higher powered amp for the money. Im suprised no one has stepped in for this thread.:stickpoke

·
Mine Sweeper!
6,512 Posts

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
just stick with jl.......but good luck putting a ported w7 in the jumpseat location

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts

that is for a 10w7....good luck fitting that in a jumpseat.....12w7 requires even more airspace.....

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
it's just called a port.......

i used subwoofertools to calculate this box.....but even jl's design calls for a very long port

·
drunk and bored
31,626 Posts
i made it wrap like that to get the length i needed

it's tuned to 30hz

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I like the amp rack a lot. Sweet work. I would do 2 12"s.. One in each jump seat, if its possible.
ive got the shitty third door. so i cant. i do plan on making another amp rack, for a four channel amp, and i want to put a big sub amp, like a 4 kw memphis in my third door.

·
idiot
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
just stick with jl.......but good luck putting a ported w7 in the jumpseat location
ill do it, dont doubt me, people doubted me when i said i wanted two tens in there.:p
espically if i use all the space that the great creator of s10's has given me.

what do you think of that. ill get like 3 cubes if i use all that airspace.:p :cool: :eek: :p

and i will

1 - 20 of 50 Posts