S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! I'm new to the forum and need some advice. I just got a 1996 S-10 LS, reg. cab, short bed. 4 cylinder, 5 speed. It is that champange tan brown kinda color. I got the car for a really good deal, and it is so cherry it looks brand new,but since it is that color I dont know if it is worth tricking out. If it is, can anyone please give me some advice on what I should do first, etc. If anyone has a nice S-10 this same color please send me some pics, thank you.
-Ryan

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
take out ur bedliner or cut it down so its not over the rail, remove all trim and decals, lower it put a roll pan on the back clear corners, street scene mirrors

lend me 1000$ and give me ur truck for like a week
ill make it pimp for you

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thats the color right there, anyways, could you tell me a good rollpan to buy, and I'm gonna buy a lowering kit, I'm not sure how much to lower it, this is my daily driver, so I dont want a kidney bruiser, how much should I drop it and whats a respectable company to buy a kit from, I heard its easy to shave emblems yourself, I'm not sure though, could someone elaborate on this. Thank You.
-Ryan

·
Registered
485 Posts
I would suggest a Belltech lowering kit. Get the spindles for the front and in the back you will probably be using blocks. Are you going to be hauling anything with it? If so, I would only lower it 2/2. As for the eblems, they should just peel off. Do it in the sunlight or use a hairdryer to make them come off easier. I hope this helps you.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Shizzy. The best place to start is how much your wallet can handle. Any ride can look good with the right care for detail and the right kind of imagination with just the right kind of advice thrown in from friends and people who are willing to help you out. Those are the main keys to getting started on your ride. You haven't told us much at how you want to make you ride stand out. There are so many ways to start and so many places to start. One of the places you can start in the engine compartment. You can start there and clean the engine compartment and do simple thing to dress it up. 1) Is you can by several cans of spray paint from you local auto parts store. They have spray paint that will match you truck pretty close. You can paint the breather, valve covers, the vaccum ball, the top half of you fan shroud, or anything you think will make it look nice, or buy some chrome parts and add them. 2) You can buy a hose kit to dress up you heater hoses, radiator hoses, vaccum lines, and so on. 3) you can buy some after market parts to dress the outside of your ride and dress it the way you want. You can start with the cheapest part until you have saved up the money you will need to buy things like a body kit, lowering kit, stero and speaker's, and many other thing you may want to do. These are just a few things to help get you started to making that ride a one of a kind personal ride made by Shizzy. One other thing that will help kick your imagination into gear is a few sport truck magazines from you local stores. They will help you get those brain juices flowing so you can start drooling over thing you can do to your ride. Hope some of these ideas have helped fuel you with a spark of passion for that one of a kind Shizzy custom ride. If you need more help or ideas just give me a yell dude.

·
Registered
227 Posts
whatever you learn here on the forums, USE IT, and the only other thing people will really stress is to READ MAGAZINES. the only way ur gunna get more knowledge is hands on work and reading. pick up mini truckin sport trucks tailgate truckin just to name a few

·
Xtremely Unique Mod
20,541 Posts
don't clear the rear tails, get TYC elegant Euro tails, they own, or atleast I think they do.

·
Registered
9 Posts
PicupmanS10 said:
Hey Shizzy. The best place to start is how much your wallet can handle. Any ride can look good with the right care for detail and the right kind of imagination with just the right kind of advice thrown in from friends and people who are willing to help you out. Those are the main keys to getting started on your ride. You haven't told us much at how you want to make you ride stand out. There are so many ways to start and so many places to start. One of the places you can start in the engine compartment. You can start there and clean the engine compartment and do simple thing to dress it up. 1) Is you can by several cans of spray paint from you local auto parts store. They have spray paint that will match you truck pretty close. You can paint the breather, valve covers, the vaccum ball, the top half of you fan shroud, or anything you think will make it look nice, or buy some chrome parts and add them. 2) You can buy a hose kit to dress up you heater hoses, radiator hoses, vaccum lines, and so on. 3) you can buy some after market parts to dress the outside of your ride and dress it the way you want. You can start with the cheapest part until you have saved up the money you will need to buy things like a body kit, lowering kit, stero and speaker's, and many other thing you may want to do. These are just a few things to help get you started to making that ride a one of a kind personal ride made by Shizzy. One other thing that will help kick your imagination into gear is a few sport truck magazines from you local stores. They will help you get those brain juices flowing so you can start drooling over thing you can do to your ride. Hope some of these ideas have helped fuel you with a spark of passion for that one of a kind Shizzy custom ride. If you need more help or ideas just give me a yell dude.
I like the way you think.

·
I'm probably drunk.
8,650 Posts
any color has at least one other good color to go with it

personally...i think if you put bright red, yellow and oranges flames on that color, it looks great

but its all up to you

any car is with pimpin out

and with enough money, any car can be sweet ass

·
Registered
498 Posts
Any S10 is worth it. Start with the engine! Turbo the 2.2. Go to www.ghettoboost.com for details. Once your truck will run 9's then worry about making it flashy.:cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts