S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,
i just ordered the street scene mirrors for my 91 s10, and when i got out there to change them, it was whacky, there were no nuts to hold anything together and the thread of the bolts coming off the mirrors were the size of the hole in the truck, i called the company and they were just like "well they're custom mirrors"so i guess i would have to drill it out or something, they didn't help me at all, im not sure, for anyone who has installed them help me out, thanks guys :confused:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody, come'on i know you guys have them now how did u pet them on? i was thinking of taking off the door panel and just cutting a big enough hole so i can bolt the other side of the mirrors. so don't be shy :thumbup:

·
/=||=/
589 Posts
cant help you here... i got a 98 and the SS mirrors I got fit right in. just removed door panel, factory mirror, and it was drilled already for the 3 mounting points. just used the 10mm bolts and nuts it came with and done.

wish I could say... you may have to drill your own mounting holes; but I'd wait for someone who has your year truck who's done it if you have the patience :D

·
Registered
224 Posts
hmmm

i guess i dont understand what youre saying. are you saying the holes arent there? if so justdrill them. ar you saing the nuts are smaller than the holes? just go get some big washers.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
might make it easier if yyou post this in the 1st Gen forum. those guys know there trucks!:thumbup:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that sounds good, i was in boston this weekend so sorry for not getting back to you guys, it looks like im gonna have to use rotary tool to cut the inside of the door wall to get nuts back there to mount them, it has to be easier than that, ill post it there and see what happens thanks guys
:thumbup:

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
whitebowtie9 said:

there were no nuts to hold anything together
I must have missed that part the first time I read this. No nuts?? there should be a set of 6 nuts that thread onto the bolts on the back of the mirror. You could just go down to your local hardware store and pick up some locknuts to fit....they're supposed to be in the box though
:bash:

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
low-blazer said:

I must have missed that part the first time I read this. No nuts?? there should be a set of 6 nuts that thread onto the bolts on the back of the mirror. You could just go down to your local hardware store and pick up some locknuts to fit....they're supposed to be in the box though
:bash:
Yeah i kinda figured it out, its just one weekend i have time i think ill bust out the drill and be ready to install them. i do have to make a trip to the hardware store before i start though. i ll post some pics after im finished and tell you how it went, thanks guys :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts