S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...so yesterday i was workin on my truck..and i decided to put my new spark plug wires on finally...they're the borg warner select wires...so i got them on and all...well, it was time to leave work...so i left and my truck was soundin kinda funny and i didnt have as much power...so me being as stupid as i am, i drove like 8 miles to my house...i got like a 1/2 mile away and my truck died...i managed to get it running for a sec and coasted it part way home...ok...well...i decieded to look and see if there was somethin wrong w/ the wires or whatever...well, the wires had gone on hard, but i had been able to pop them off real easy...well, one had popped off...i put it on and my truck still didnt run right...it was acting liek it was out of gas...it wasnt though...i got it home and it wouldnt start or anything and it sounded like crap when i tried cranking it..well, today i swapped the wires back to the old one...still didnt start easy, but it started...it died a few min into letting it run...when it died, some smoke came out the carb...and so yeah...my truck isnt running very well...since one wire was off, does anybody know what might've happened to my truck??? help please!!!

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm..ill check all that....but my bros friend brian marshall of the shop and drop shop in medford said that he think i may have burned a valve...

·
stuck static
2,440 Posts
rashwerd said:
could be the coil or the coil wire possibly if you changed it back?? could even have messed your timing up...

im not exactly sure how you could have messed your timming up becuase he said it sounded weird and and one of the plug wires had came unhooked so it had a miss on one cylender.. i dont think that would mess up the timming but definetly check those plugs ..

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok..so i just checked my plugs...they look fine...a bit dirty...but not bad...ill check them again tomorrow to make sure i didnt miss anything...im gonna check the cap and rotor next...

·
Registered
733 Posts
bagged92 said:
ok...so yesterday i was workin on my truck..and i decided to put my new spark plug wires on finally...they're the borg warner select wires...so i got them on and all...well, it was time to leave work...so i left and my truck was soundin kinda funny and i didnt have as much power...so me being as stupid as i am, i drove like 8 miles to my house...i got like a 1/2 mile away and my truck died...i managed to get it running for a sec and coasted it part way home...ok...well...i decieded to look and see if there was somethin wrong w/ the wires or whatever...well, the wires had gone on hard, but i had been able to pop them off real easy...well, one had popped off...i put it on and my truck still didnt run right...it was acting liek it was out of gas...it wasnt though...i got it home and it wouldnt start or anything and it sounded like crap when i tried cranking it..well, today i swapped the wires back to the old one...still didnt start easy, but it started...it died a few min into letting it run...when it died, some smoke came out the carb...and so yeah...my truck isnt running very well...since one wire was off, does anybody know what might've happened to my truck??? help please!!!
borg warner eh?
we used to use that brand name of wires on the cabs, i work for a local cab company up here is ontario, ill get to the point , those wires are trash, if they arent trash now they will be not to long down the road they break down really easy for some reason, even if you dont put 900 kms a day on ur truck they never lasted long about 3-4 weeks on a 24/7 cab, they might break down they might not hard to say but from what ive seen, those wire=crap

we now use A/C delco stuff its from the dealer, its not as cheap as aftermarket, but they work ahell of alot better, if not a set of accel super stock ones i hear work good prolly like 40 or 50 bucks, GL with the truck

·
Goin' Nowhere Fast
3,340 Posts
my money is on a messed up firing order. if you're looking straight at your cap (you're standing on the pass. side looking straight ahead at the driver's side). the TOP LEFT is cyl #1...then the TOP RIGHT is cyl. #3 the BOTTOM RIGHT is cyl. #4 and BOTTOM LEFT is cyl #2. Check that...remember...top left is #1 the firing order is 1-3-4-2 going CLOCKWISE :) good luck

·
Tater Kustomz
1,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok..i had one wire that i didnt replace...it was the wire from the coil to the distributor...i replaced that w/ the old wire and it runs fine...but it still doesnt do too well starting up...its a high pitch slow whining noise as the motor turns over...any clue what that might be??? possibly starter???

1 - 10 of 10 Posts