S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So usually my grandpa helps me but he’s not with me anymore but my s10 has a custom radio but the problem is my radio and interior lights only go on and the radio only turns off when the passenger door opens and I have to open and close my passenger door every time I get to school to turn off my radio can someone help on telling me how to fix it. My truck is a ‘98. And I’m sorry if I posted this on the wrong forum thing I’m new to these kind of sites

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,674 Posts
Sorry about your Grandpops...

Moved to Sound & Security.

·
Been there Done it
8,622 Posts
Take a look at the drivers side door switch. Doesn't sound like it's connected or is defective.

Reactions: Joe Cool

·
Horsepower Addict
111 Posts
The retained accessory power function should automatically shut off in approx 5 minutes.
Check to see this is working by watching it for a few minutes after turning off the ignition.

This function is disabled by opening a door.... as said above, if your driver door switch is not working, then your radio should continue to operate for approx 5 minutes.
Does your dome light come on when you open the door?

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,674 Posts
RAP lasts for 20 minutes or until a door is opened.

Reactions: Joe Cool

·
Been there Done it
8,622 Posts
I was under the impression it varied in time from one model to another.
My 05 Grand Prix shuts off all lights, even headlights if manually turn on and left on, after 20 minutes to prevent dead battery. Don't think that is part of the RAP, but a function of the BCM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts