S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2000 S-10 2.2 has the new design fuel filter system on it now that has 2 inlets and the plastic quick disconnect fittings on all 3 connections. This was to fix a design problem in earlier models where the return line from the engine wasn't filtered. Anyway, I just went to the dealer to get a spare filter since none of the local car parts places stocked this new design.

All was good until he told me the frickin thing was $73!!!!!!
:jawdrop:

Anyone know where I can buy one cheaper? None of the part numbers from the filter or what the dealer gave me cross reference to anything I can find.

Dealer part number was 1247676.
Numbers on the filter are 15036706, 34440 and 09600A.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
I've checked everywhere for one and nobody makes one. This sucks cause mine needs changed too.

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All I've found out is that a company called Parr Manufacturing here in the U.S. makes them. Think they're in Iowa or Idaho or something like that. Wonder if they'd sell us a case? Group buy anyone?

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
Help! Help! The dealer is giving it to me up the *ss.
$73, that's not TOO bad. At least the dealer is using vaseline! :D

·
Oooo. It's so tiny!
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Too bad? If my truck had been made a few months earlier, I could be buying a filter for $9 at any parts store. Geesh.

·
Ex Bagged Minitrucker
4,651 Posts
My filter is only $14. But I have bought six of them already, so it adds up. Later, Brandon

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
now now guys....lets all behave, we're all adults, LOL

Caleb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts