S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok this morning was a cold one i started the truck and it seemed fine but as i started to pull away it bogged down and went really slow and basically putted put put putt i have a new cat and i don't think it is the exgaust but then when i went back to my car after class it didn't want to start so i held the gas pedal down and it finally started but it still putted and ran like **** i couldn't accelerate and had to keep it at 25 mph please help me this is my one and onlt truck and its my only sense of tranportation any help or suggestions would be great
iam thinking maybe the manifold possible but i don't know
if you would rather tallk to me on aol my name is mmhyson please i need this fixed

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how

how could that happen it did rain all night but i don't have any leaks any suggestions to fix it i need this for getting to and from school

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Re: how

mmhyson said:
how could that happen it did rain all night but i don't have any leaks any suggestions to fix it i need this for getting to and from school
It doesn't have to rain to get water in your gas. You can get it from the gas station, it can also happen by temperature fluxuation.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
mmhyson said:
oks omn toy reaon how do o about getting it fixed
not quite sure what you justs said there but I would trying getting some Heet and putting it in the gas tank. You should be able to find it at most gas stations and Parts Stores.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
this sucks so you recommend doing to a autoparts store and getting somethin there could there be anyother problems causeing this

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
mmhyson said:
this sucks so you recommend doing to a autoparts store and getting somethin there could there be anyother problems causeing this
Yes it could be other things, but I would spend the couple of bucks to see if it's the gas first.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
i had the same problem with my 94. it would putt and back fire and all kinds of stuff. check your plug wires, plugs, and in my case ignition coils, or distributor. it turned out mine was an electrical problem and when it would rain or if the coils got wet, they would soak up that water and that would be it. check your plugs and plug wires first though, they are cheaper to replace. or possibly just a "bad" tank of gas.

·
SIC-Founder & WA Ch. Head
1,687 Posts
could be bad gas, vaccum leak, how old are your spark wires? I had a problem much like what you're describing...my plug wires were pretty old. I didn't realize this was the problem till I opened up the hood at night...the plug wires were arcing back and forth between each other (you couldn't see it in the day light)...causing mis-fires. Also had a similar experience when my fuel injector died...lots of reasons it could be running like that. Like dante said, check the plugs and wires first...if they look fine, look for a vaccum leak. If none of that seems to be the problem, throw a bottle of gas dryer in (Heet) like Pewter suggested...

Good Luck

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
up date

ok i put some of that antifrezz heat stuff in my gas and toped the tank and i let it run for 27 minutes it stoped so i guess that was the problem my plugs and wires are being replaced in the spring or when it gets warmer out but thanks for the help it wass appreciated

1 - 12 of 12 Posts