S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 gmc s15 jimmy two wheel drive auto matic 4.3 cpi im puttin a new sending unit in it and a fuel pump in the pulsator that was on it was all chewed up where it slides on to the lines n the housin is cracked am i able to put it back in with out the pulsator or will that cause problems thanks didnt know if i shud buy a new one or be alright with out it thanks in advanced

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh?

If you're putting a new sending unit in it, you should have all the new parts.

the only thing i don have is the pulsator that goes on inbetween the sending unit an the pump which is all in the tank... its a lil black peice that has two opengins one to slide on the sending unit and one the that pump slides in... but the housing on it is all cracked and i had some running issues with it on how it ran before so i don know if that was part of it the problem but the part is like 90 bucks which i don really have right now so i wanted to know jus to get it up and goin so i can atleast moved it for right now if it would matter if i deleted the pulsator thing for right now

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thats pretty much what it looks like its in the tank and fuel pump slides in that hole and then sendind unit has a line that comes down and it slides in the other side

·
ASE certified MasterTech
8,695 Posts
The new pump should come with a short piece of black rubber hose, this goes in place of the pulsator.
Rule of thumb: never replace the pulsator, they were a junk design and are always known for leaking and causing problems. That is why you didn't get a new one with the pump.

Sidenote: The job of the pulsator was to quiet the fuel delivery system, that's all it was designed for.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts